Hiring Bid FAA-FAA-24-PUB NOT-87164 (Prior Exp Rolling Bid)

Wait, don't they usually ask what region you are trying to go to? So this bid they are just giving a random ass list?
Why do you think we all complain about placement. The faa doesn't care nor do they take the fact we might want a specific tower or a state with bad staffing and stay awhile because of family.

Why do you think we all complain about placement. The faa doesn't care nor do they take the fact we might want a specific tower or a state with bad staffing and stay awhile because of family.
Think you'll pass on this list then or was it good enough to get you in?

Think you'll pass on this list then or was it good enough to get you in?
Apart of me wants too but I also don't want to keep waiting. I did accept my facility just waiting for a start date.
Did the low level staffed facilties I want and saw myself at long term on my list, no. But did I have a top 5 I was okay staying at for a few years yes.

Congrats on the #1 pick. do you think you're going to take it?
the latest start date they gave me was 07 April, this whole process went by way faster than before for me, so if they can work with my requested start date I'm probably going to take it, tried to push the start date back to 19 May, should hear back tomorrow I would imagine.

Apart of me wants too but I also don't want to keep waiting. I did accept my facility just waiting for a start date.
Did the low level staffed facilties I want and saw myself at long term on my list, no. But did I have a top 5 I was okay staying at for a few years yes.
Congrats, best of luck to you and I hope it all works out for you longterm

the latest start date they gave me was 07 April, this whole process went by way faster than before for me, so if they can work with my requested start date I'm probably going to take it, tried to push the start date back to 19 May, should hear back tomorrow I would imagine.
Tomorrow is a federal holiday. It'd be Tuesday at the earliest.

I'm still waiting for my CIL security emails... I've emailed and they keep saying they are in receipt of my application for processing--- whatever that means
Yea I messaged them after ten days from receiving our cil like we were told to so. Seems like a good amount of us are just waiting on security part. I have everything else done or scheduled. Hopefully something this week.

Has anyone received their security clearance instructions for this bid yet? I was just told that they are backlogged and was wondering what timeframe I should expect.

Also waiting for security, have not been assigned a POC. Emailed on or around Feb 5th and reply next day from the manager said they are backlogged. It’s been over 2 weeks since the 10 days now… everything else is done.

Nice! I'm pending placement. Have been finished up with everything since Friday last week. Just need a list and whatnot. It's looking like it's not going to happen for me this week though.

Nice! I'm pending placement. Have been finished up with everything since Friday last week. Just need a list and whatnot. It's looking like it's not going to happen for me this week though.
Congrats! When did you complete all the CIL tasks? Coworkers are all guessing how long I have left

Congrats! When did you complete all the CIL tasks? Coworkers are all guessing how long I have left
16th but I didn't actually have to do the security part since they already had the investigation on file. I wonder if they are doing them based on when you said your availability would be. Hopefully they get too everyone quick.

started terminal in 2019,
Dyess AFB and Al U Deid
RVA:
KLRD
FAA(APR,2020):
CTO KLBB, resigned before CPC (SEP, 2021)
went back to KLRD and transferred to KEDC
I've been applying for bids but I'm choosing to be picky, I realised I don't want to work an up-down, or a 24/7 facility. perfectly happy where I'm at now, but would be nice to get the government rate health care, pension, TSP match, etc. 24/7 schedules really suck and if you end up working 6 day weeks or 10 hour shifts on top of it, its even worse. you basically just live at the facility, wasn't really looking forward to that at KLBB.
Thinking I want to be picky with the FAA as well, reading that it's really easy to get dicked over picking a bad facility on your first list. You like it at EDC, are most the rva towers pretty good? I'd like to get picked up by them so I can be working closer to home and also be happy enough that I'm able to turn down a bad offer from the FAA and just contract for awhile over multiple bids.

Last edited:
Thinking I want to be picky with the FAA as well, reading that it's really easy to get dicked over picking a bad facility on your first list. You like it at KEDC, are most the rva towers pretty good? I'd like to get picked up by them so I can be working closer to home and also be happy enough that I'm able to turn down a bad offer from the FAA and just contract for awhile over multiple bids.
Drop the Kilo lads.

Thinking I want to be picky with the FAA as well, reading that it's really easy to get dicked over picking a bad facility on your first list. You like it at EDC, are most the rva towers pretty good? I'd like to get picked up by them so I can be working closer to home and also be happy enough that I'm able to turn down a bad offer from the FAA and just contract for awhile over multiple bids.
I honestly love working for RVA, pay is solid, just lacking benefits. Good location facilities tend to stay staffed, I suggest apply to everywhere you can in the state or area to get a job and after a year you can transfer when a spot opens up. ATM's like to pull friends and friends of friends in so if it's a highly desired location it'll probably be tough trying to get hired regardless of experience.

So today I received the my facility preference survey, but haven't gotten a list or the facility preference email. Should I just go in blind or just wait for now. 😅

Back
Top Bottom