Hiring Bid FAA-FAA-24-PUB NOT-87164 (Prior Exp Rolling Bid)

thank god i got in on the last bid then.
I don't really understand. Everyone complained about the lists because they were getting sent God knows where. Now all the FAA has done is forced you to go to a geographical region that you've said you wanted to go..... and if you don't like it, then you're back in the same position as the lists.

I don't think the FAA can do anything that would appease everyone, no matter what someone is gonna complain about something

I don't really understand. Everyone complained about the lists because they were getting sent God knows where. Now all the FAA has done is forced you to go to a geographical region that you've said you wanted to go..... and if you don't like it, then you're back in the same position as the lists.

I don't think the FAA can do anything that would appease everyone, no matter what someone is gonna complain about something
Ohhh my b thats what i get for not reading into it. If its regional, thats not too bad then. Seems like it gives southerners a chance to go to a rare southern place since they normally end up in the northeast.

Don’t all the bids say the geographical preference may be considered but then never is? Maybe they’re catching on..

Don’t all the bids say the geographical preference may be considered but then never is? Maybe they’re catching on..
Typically. But it has been known that the previous bids were 100% dictated but the ATO on the needs of the FAA. Atleast with this it *Appears* they'll try to give everyone something geographically close to where they want..... But its also the FAA. They can do whatever they think .

Was just coming to post that as well.

From FAA HR: Qualified candidates will be given a list of facilities staffed at or below 85 percent of their staffing target or the national average (whichever is higher), based on their recommended facility type and level.

Wish me luck, all my stuff should already be done, I'll be back with more answers soon.
I'm almost done with the process myself. Have to give more medical documents so I imagine I still have some months to go. Wonder if we'll be grandfathered in to the lists.

*Just saw lists shall go on. That's good I guess.

I’m active duty Air Force with a date of separation of August 14, 2024. When should I apply? I’d like to apply now. Any pros or cons? Will they wait till I’m 120 days out to accept me? I’d like to get my class 2 physical done and be ready to go work as soon as I get out of the Air Force.

Was just coming to post that as well.

From FAA HR: Qualified candidates will be given a list of facilities staffed at or below 85 percent of their staffing target or the national average (whichever is higher), based on their recommended facility type and level.
Which means they’ll go to short staffed high level facilities with miles long ERR lists.

I got out of the military in June of this year and started at my faa facility in June. I applied off the September 22’ bid and they just got my medical and stuff out of the way before the holidays and then gave me a list in may.

I had a 9 day overlap of military and faa time. If you’re getting out next august, I’d say just submit and maybe you’ll be in my shoes when you’re getting out Enke22

I’m active duty Air Force with a date of separation of August 14, 2024. When should I apply? I’d like to apply now. Any pros or cons? Will they wait till I’m 120 days out to accept me? I’d like to get my class 2 physical done and be ready to go work as soon as I get out of the Air Force.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231115_203338_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231115_203338_Chrome.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 77
When it comes to applying for a Previous Exp Bid after leaving the FAA, I know within 1 year you would be placed back to your previous facility and if you're 1 year+1 day you will get a list for other facilities. What date is determined for this? The day you applied for the Bid or the day you get your TOL/FOL?

When it comes to applying for a Previous Exp Bid after leaving the FAA, I know within 1 year you would be placed back to your previous facility and if you're 1 year+1 day you will get a list for other facilities. What date is determined for this? The day you applied for the Bid or the day you get your TOL/FOL?
Date from separation and date from bid closed was used in the past. Being as this is a year long bid, if I were you I’d apply from date of separation + 1 year and a day because if they pull your resume and offer you a TOL before that date they may give you your old facility. Then you’re screwed from reapplying for the rest of this bid

I got out of the military in June of this year and started at my faa facility in June. I applied off the September 22’ bid and they just got my medical and stuff out of the way before the holidays and then gave me a list in may.

I had a 9 day overlap of military and faa time. If you’re getting out next august, I’d say just submit and maybe you’ll be in my shoes when you’re getting out Enke22
Thank you!

Anyone heard anything about the level caps being removed? There's a rumor going around that all levels will be up for grabs both academy and prior. Heard from a couple local ATM's, but not sure how true or what the timeline on that is.

Back
Top Bottom