Hiring Bid FAA-FAA-24-PUB NOT-87164 (Prior Exp Rolling Bid)

Here's an idea: attend college for a BA in Management, hire into HR, be assigned your own case from this bid, profit.

Probably about the same timeline. Anyone current FAA have some of that, this one time..., wisdom?
hurry up and wait. btw pack your entire life up and move within a months notice.

I’m in both OTS and this bid and I got an email today asking which one I wanted, chose this one obviously. They said TOL early next week, looks like things are moving.

In the email.

Once you complete and submit the questionnaire, the Air Traffic Organization (ATO) will assess your previous air traffic control experience and use the analysis from your responses to produce a list of available facilities in which to place you. You may receive up to five facilities to choose from; however, the types and levels of facilities offered will be based on your overall questionnaire score, the number of applicants being placed, the needs of the Agency and at the ATO’s discretion

In the email.

Once you complete and submit the questionnaire, the Air Traffic Organization (ATO) will assess your previous air traffic control experience and use the analysis from your responses to produce a list of available facilities in which to place you. You may receive up to five facilities to choose from; however, the types and levels of facilities offered will be based on your overall questionnaire score, the number of applicants being placed, the needs of the Agency and at the ATO’s discretion
Wow, 5 total? That kind of blows. But it does kind of read like you can pick up to 5..?

It reads like the ATO will offer you five facilities and you can rank them. Not pick any five facilities you want in the country and we will place you at one of them.
That is how it was when I went through way back in 2016. Some got less than 5 choices but most were given 5 to rank and they send you where they want.

I received mine today, I will check my old TOLs and see if they say the five day thing also, because if they do that's definitely not true 😅

Edit: Confirmed my previous e-mails also said 5. I think it's worded so you don't expect more, but personally my lists have always had more.

In the email.

Just checked the wording on a prior TOL and its the same stating 5 facilities, and I had more than 5 on the list.

As of right now there has been no mention of picking a region, only asked if you'd consider Hawaii, Alaska or territories

The real question should be if you go Hawaii, territory or Alaska, will they give you a choice of elsewhere after a x commitment? That would be a huge game changer for A LOT of people

Back
Top Bottom