FAA Reauthorization Act of 2023

Its just psychotic to endorse someone before there is even a opponent. It just signals you can do anything to us and we will still vote for you. How about see if they can earn our vote? Novel idea, I know.

They know who the opponent is. It's Trump or DeSantis. That's not new and NATCA doesn't support either of them. Both of which are far worst for the union than Biden.

You do understand that your viewpoint is what helps make the current political climate. It's just pure tribalism.
Also this type of bullshit is hilarious. The Republican party wants to destroy unions, they want to limit worker rights, they want to limit pay. This isn't tribalism, this is fact.

Last edited:
You do understand that your viewpoint is what helps make the current political climate. It's just pure tribalism.

My viewpoint is derived from the policy goals the GOP very openly states, which includes federal employees pay and benefit cuts. Pull your head out of the sand. This isn’t happening in a vacuum, there’s a reason for it and it’s not hidden.

I almost want to drive up now
What republican is campaigning on not cutting back federal employees pay and rights
I may be wrong here, but I have not seen anything yet from Tim Scott on it. Granted I have not looked as hard due to trying to wrap up 4 classes that are 4 weeks long (never do this...).

I may be wrong here, but I have not seen anything yet from Tim Scott on it. Granted I have not looked as hard due to trying to wrap up 4 classes that are 4 weeks long (never do this...).
Tim Scott has +3500 odds of becoming the Republican candidate. The race is solely between Trump and DeSantis. Also hell will freeze over before the Republican party chooses a black dude as their candidate.

Who cares the Republican caucus put out their plan. They hate our guts

There are three possibilities to how the race shakes out, in this order...

1. Biden vs Trump
2. Biden vs DeSantis with Trump running as a 3rd party
3. Biden vs DeSantis

If you don't think #2 will happen its because you either;
a. Think Trump will be in jail
b. You haven't been paying attention to what drives Trump. His ego.

Tim Scott has +3500 odds of becoming the Republican candidate. The race is solely between Trump and DeSantis. Also hell will freeze over before the Republican party chooses a black dude as their candidate.
A question was asked and I answered. No where did I say Scott should be the nominee.

Hot take: no matter who is president, they’ll try and fuck us either way.

Hotter take: Congress matters more than who is the head honcho. I see most of you here have zero clue how important this is and let “orange man” or “creepy Joe” live in your heads rent free.
Doesn’t do any good if congress tries to give us a raise then the president vetos it

Doesn’t do any good if congress tries to give us a raise then the president vetos it
Any raise would be a part of a larger spending bill, that was passed with bipartisan support and negotiation in atleast 1 of the chambers. The odds of the president vetoing a bill like that currently is low. The party of the president wouldn't let it get to the point. The white house wouldn't want to take to political hit of vetoing that type of bill.

Any raise would be a part of a larger spending bill, that was passed with bipartisan support and negotiation in atleast 1 of the chambers. The odds of the president vetoing a bill like that currently is low. The party of the president wouldn't let it get to the point. The white house wouldn't want to take to political hit of vetoing that type of bill.
All of our raises have just been presidentially EOs tho

I’d move to nix the academy tower course. For the record I have not been as I’m an ex .mil guy but I’ve heard plenty about it. We still went through a lovely ADACEL based tower course of our own in the Air Force and I must say, there’s nothing you’re gonna learn on any academy or military sim that you can’t otherwise figure out in OJT at your first facility. Especially if you’re going to anything lower than say, a level 7 tower. If anything I could see hosting virtual classroom covering ATC fundies before every bids respective start dates and then let them hit the ground running at their first facility as they begin more classroom training there. The whole “FAA Academy” philosophy in regards to tower training is vastly overthought, maintains attrition rates worthy of congressional discussion, costs astronomically more and just straight-up isn’t necessary. Radar is a whole different subject, because I truly believe that RTF and TSEW are wonderful courses compared to anything I ever experienced or heard about on the .mil side. (TETRA is the useless exception)

Last edited:
I’d move to nix the academy tower course. For the record I have not been as I’m an ex .mil guy but I’ve heard plenty about it. We still went through a lovely ADACEL based tower course of our own in the Air Force and I must say, there’s nothing you’re gonna learn on any academy or military sim that you can’t otherwise figure out in OJT at your first facility. Especially if you’re going to anything lower than say, a level 7 tower. If anything I could see hosting virtual classroom covering ATC fundies before every bids respective start dates and then let them hit the ground running at their first facility as they begin more classroom training there. The whole “FAA Academy” philosophy in regards to tower training is vastly overthought, maintains attrition rates worthy of congressional discussion, costs astronomically more and just straight-up isn’t necessary. Radar is a whole different subject, because I truly believe that RTF and TSEW are wonderful courses compared to anything I ever experienced or heard about on the .mil side. (TETRA is the useless exception)
Same thing with enroute. As soon as you get to your facility they teach you everything again

During the 2016 senate hearings Jim Jordan asked point blank “are we not paying these guys enough?” and I don’t remember Rinaldi taking that opportunity to address potential increase in salaries. Could be wrong but regardless I was hoping to see increased salaries in this act.

Did a google search and couldn’t find much that seemed legit but found one list that ranked US 8th for ATC salaries with Spain, Ireland, and Germany top 3 in 2020.

Back
Top Bottom