FAA Safety Review Team Report 11/16/2023

"The National Air Traffic Controllers Association (NATCA) supports the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) hiring the best qualified candidates from all available sources to meet its air traffic control hiring needs...

To support the success of this initiative, the FAA should work with NATCA to provide oversight of the CTI programs. Specifically, the FAA must ensure that there is a universal CTI curriculum, standards, and oversight over the training process to ensure the graduates are taught, tested, and evaluated to the same standards that exist at the FAA Academy."

My reaction:
86u7no.jpg

"The National Air Traffic Controllers Association (NATCA) supports the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) hiring the best qualified candidates from all available sources to meet its air traffic control hiring needs...

To support the success of this initiative, the FAA should work with NATCA to provide oversight of the CTI programs. Specifically, the FAA must ensure that there is a universal CTI curriculum, standards, and oversight over the training process to ensure the graduates are taught, tested, and evaluated to the same standards that exist at the FAA Academy."
Their point is valid. There needs to be oversight in both the curriculum, course materials, and training. Ideally every CTI school should have simulators, or like Beaver the opportunity to work live traffic. My facility is probably 70% CTI grad with like 60% from UND. Not all CTI schools are equal and you can't let the school decide what they want to teach.

I would go to the Okc and teach on a detail for a couple of months but of course that will never happen because they rather promote controllers to sup positions that sit in the back and twiddle their thumbs.
You can apply to an OKC bid and they can’t block you. It’s not under the ATO. Or it’s got some weird arrangement where it can’t be blocked

This dumbass thinks the normal is a household having 250k income. Another iPad kid who just moved out of mom and dads house.
Unless you live in a shithole, $250k is pretty tight and you’re counting your pennys. Can’t imagine someone trying to raise a family with any sort of financial comfort on that. Maybe if you live in OKC…the amount of folks in here who think that $200k is a great salary is confounding. Or you’re completely out of touch with all the other stay at home cushy jobs pay that or more.

Another luke warm boots hottake.

It means have a job outside your regular job. Yah I had working controllers too but then they told them it’s not allowed anymore
When was this sent out? There are plenty of trainees running door dash or Uber. Even some cpcs do uber. I have a couple guys at my facility who are on call with the fire department as well.

When was this sent out? There are plenty of trainees running door dash or Uber. Even some cpcs do uber. I have a couple guys at my facility who are on call with the fire department as well.
Don’t sweat it, it was not “sent out” because it’s always been the case, outside employment that is a conflict of interest is not permitted. Senior FAA fucks apparently teaching ATC outside of the FAA while still employed is a conflict. Uber and Door Dash are not a violation except for when they leave the building in the mid to do it or do it while on admin leave faking injuries.

Don’t sweat it, it was not “sent out” because it’s always been the case, outside employment that is a conflict of interest is not permitted. Senior FAA fucks apparently teaching ATC outside of the FAA while still employed is a conflict. Uber and Door Dash are not a violation except for when they leave the building in the mid to do it or do it while on admin leave faking injuries.
It’s not a conflict. Teaching a college course as an adjunct professor on your area of expertise is very normal and done in every industry/profession.

I can’t take someone serious who just said 250k is pretty tight. What an absolute joke. This website sucks ass since MJ stopped giving a fuck.

Dude. Really? 250k is for sure tight.. I mean think about it. After you fund 5 kids and a wife who get whatever they want whenever they want, eating out for 80% of meals, car payments for the Audi and the BMW, and that routine gambling trip with da boys where you don’t worry about how much money you lose because you were too drunk to remember… you actually have to budget for the necessities. Gross. Only poor people budget.

Last edited:
I can’t take someone serious who just said 250k is pretty tight. What an absolute joke. This website sucks ass since MJ stopped giving a fuck.
You might need a break for your mental well being, brother. Your toxicity is overboard even for you lately. The holidays can be tough for many people.

You might need a break for your mental well being, brother. Your toxicity is overboard even for you lately. The holidays can be tough for many people.

I think we should all call him “pussy in boots” now. 🐱 👢

Back
Top Bottom