FAA Safety Review Team Report 11/16/2023

This is the funniest thing about the idea of building a new academy. Since they can barely staff it in low COLA, nice weather, Oklahoma where they train all types of FAA shit there but ATC is the recognized kings of the campus that the others look up to (or are at least forced to bow down to), how do they think they will staff an ATC only academy in shithole, high COLA Long Island or Chicago lol?

Not to mention most instructors are retired controllers who had passion for the field and were still somewhat "fresh" and able to work after retirement. When this generation of controllers retires after working 6 day weeks for a decade or more, I don't see them being in a hurry to continue to work full time plus at an academy.
Obviously no one’s putting anything on long island but ‘Oklahoma is better than ny and chicago’ is about as oblivious as it gets. It’s cheap there cuz it sucks and the weather’s garbage.

Obviously no one’s putting anything on long island but ‘Oklahoma is better than ny and chicago’ is about as oblivious as it gets. It’s cheap there cuz it sucks and the weather’s garbage.
Yeah not sure where this guy thinks Okc has nice weather lmao. Land locked. Trash place to live long term. It’s cheap because nobody wants to live there.

The military has been experiencing the same hiring and retention issues. Because being in the military sucks balls

There's a pic out there of the recruiters at an anime convention trying to get all the nerd weebs to join saying the fastest way to Japan is with us

CTI grads are the anime nerds of the ATC world. And being in the FAA sucks balls, so I say hire em all we need the bodies

ATC is the recognized kings of the campus that the others look up to (or are at least forced to bow down to)
Holy inflated sense of worth Lmao...... My office is at the MMAC and I can promise you this isn't the case. You think any of the multitudes of 6 figure GS employees with various other technical jobs and the execs care about the 80 year old contractor financing his 3rd divorce or the Academy student with the cool guy headset around his neck and scared, worried look in his eye? You think anyone is giving up thier parking spot for these dudes? The atc academy doesn't get a second thought outside of avoiding the lunch rush at the blue sky.

the closest comparison I can make when it comes to atc/the rest of the FAA is in the army or marines between the infantry and the rest of the Persons Other than Grunts. Ya sure the infantry is definitely important and does the heavy lifting, but no one is thinking about them while they do thier jobs on the day to day, and no one envies them when they are sleeping in a muddy fighting hole and the other guy is home in his warm bed, or in this case enjoying the weekend or a holiday. In fact it's probably worse than that because at least the mil makes it pretty clear you are there to support the ground pounders and to the FAA, ATC is just another support arm for the NAS.

That’s not saying much. The dollar’s purchasing power has never been worse. The United States is turning into a two tiered economy; rich and poor. People in this profession are falling into the poor side.
Turning into? We have never been the rich lol

Turning into? We have never been the rich lol
The implication is that the middle class is becoming nonexistent

I’m probably from the last generation of controllers that can support a family off 1 salary. The new normal will be a level 12 ATC working 6 day weeks, with a wife who also works full time and no kids, or maybe 1 child because it’s too expensive to have more

It’s also double the average household income. Cry more
That's the funniest one yet Boots! I remember talking to a controller at a level 5 a few years ago in one of the poorest cities in America. He legitimately thought he was a big baller because he was making 75K a year and that "my income alone is almost 3x the average income in my city". What idiots don't realize is that that average takes into account all the families living exclusively off the system and or maybe having one person work part-time in the family so 1/3 of the numbers come from families making 10K or less and it forces the average down to 25K. Do you really think 75K was 3x the income of people who actually work lol?

That's the funniest one yet Boots! I remember talking to a controller at a level 5 a few years ago in one of the poorest cities in America. He legitimately thought he was a big baller because he was making 75K a year and that "my income alone is almost 3x the average income in my city". What idiots don't realize is that that average takes into account all the families living exclusively off the system and or maybe having one person work part-time in the family so 1/3 of the numbers come from families making 10K or less and it forces the average down to 25K. Do you really think 75K was 3x the income of people who actually work lol?
You forgot he said “cry more”!! It bolsters the veracity of his argument against controller pay soo much, and makes him look tuff!!

The implication is that the middle class is becoming nonexistent

I’m probably from the last generation of controllers that can support a family off 1 salary. The new normal will be a level 12 ATC working 6 day weeks, with a wife who also works full time and no kids, or maybe 1 child because it’s too expensive to have more
This dumbass thinks the normal is a household having 250k income. Another iPad kid who just moved out of mom and dads house.

He legitimately thought he was a big baller because he was making 75K a year and that "my income alone is almost 3x the average income in my city"

Do you really think 75K was 3x the income of people who actually work lol?

You mean, he could comfortably support himself on a 75k a year salary, but he's the bad guy for feeling good about that? And yes, I come from a region like that, lots of people I knew actually brought home 35k a year and lived off that. Sure, I think we all need a 50% raise, but what does trashing poor people have to do with it?

You mean, he could comfortably support himself on a 75k a year salary, but he's the bad guy for feeling good about that? And yes, I come from a region like that, lots of people I knew actually brought home 35k a year and lived off that. Sure, I think we all need a 50% raise, but what does trashing poor people have to do with it?
3 square meals a day and a roof over your head in the sketchy part of town is the new “well compensated” FAA. Sounds a little like prison..

Last edited:
I’m not trashing poor people or people who can live fine off 75K, I’m making fun of the idiot who was making 75K and thought he was a big baller. He was not saying “I can pay my bills and I’m doing just fine” he was acting like a 22 year old athlete draft pick who just signed a 4 year $4 million rookie deal.

But anyway I agree, #razewen?

I’m not trashing poor people or people who can live fine off 75K, I’m making fun of the idiot who was making 75K and thought he was a big baller. He was not saying “I can pay my bills and I’m doing just fine” he was acting like a 22 year old athlete draft pick who just signed a 4 year $4 million rookie deal.

But anyway I agree, #razewen?
"I live within my means, and my "means" are above the average for my area, and am happy with my life and situation and not plagued by the MORE MORE MORE consumer mentality that plagues most americans"

Ya that's fucking retarded. What a jackass that guy sounds like. I'm sure he's really miserable on the inside and wishes he had an extra few digits on his paycheck to pad his ego and ease his misery a bit.

If dude is happy with what he makes who are you to judge?

Back
Top Bottom