Facility placement request

I think you can still, but just ask and they will either say yes or no.
What are the odds of a request being approved? I know it depends on which facility it is, but how common is it for non OCONUS requests to work out? I have one I wanted to request too.

What are the odds of a request being approved? I know it depends on which facility it is, but how common is it for non OCONUS requests to work out? I have one I wanted to request too.

If you're serious there are a couple ways to do it. First, find and marry a controller at your desired facility. OR if you have a good enough reason, wait till you get to whatever facility you get through the academy and hardship out. It is MUCH easier for the agency to approve your hardship before you checkout and become harder to replace.

We had two guys that came in about the same time as I did and were gone within a few weeks of getting to the facility. Poof, vanished into the wind.

Am I the only one that doesn't think we should be recommending new hires hardship out as trainees? It hurts everyone at the facility, who knows maybe this guy is gonna show up and do it to you again. Or maybe the other two were told that by someone else.

I understand if something happens after you join, but I have no sympathy for new hires that get sent somewhere they don't want to be. That's literally part of what you sign up for.

Am I the only one that doesn't think we should be recommending new hires hardship out as trainees? It hurts everyone at the facility, who knows maybe this guy is gonna show up and do it to you again. Or maybe the other two were told that by someone else.

I understand if something happens after you join, but I have no sympathy for new hires that get sent somewhere they don't want to be. That's literally part of what you sign up for.

I’m not even hired yet and I absolutely agree. Unless it’s a medical - life or death, you know what you sign up for when it says you follow the needs of the agency. Putting in for transfer requests as per the NATCA is the only way it should be.

I’m not even hired yet and I absolutely agree. Unless it’s a medical - life or death, you know what you sign up for when it says you follow the needs of the agency. Putting in for transfer requests as per the NATCA is the only way it should be.

You are not wrong. I totally agree with this. I did not get my first choice facility either but I have put in the work, checked out and am trying to get home the right way. When you fill out the application you agree to work "anywhere in the US"

I’m deeeefinitely not gonna try to transfer out before I certify. Just wanted to see if there was any point in requesting a facility. I live in SoCal and if I end up with PWM or something I’m stocking up on thick jackets and moving to Maine without a single complaint lol

Thank God you had to request those, but either way we were just gonna take the AOC bridge or put helium summer air in the tires and drive there :)

That's a great positive attitude that will get you far in the faa. How would you feel in a middle management position with as many as four people working directly beneath you?

I would be beyond interested, but only if I can whine about the union all day and disregard any type of morale issue I come across...do you think I'd be FAA Management material?

Back
Top Bottom