February (Q2) 2024

Unfortunately they are trying to fix it with a long term solution instead of a short term one. Which means we all get the shit end of it and the controllers that get hired in the next 5-10 years will get to prosper in it
I know, and what sucks is they’ve made this staffing problem so bad over the years that once they implement the new staffing numbers and everyone realizes they’re stuck, the resulting resignations will make this 100 times worse. I truly believe this is a very delicate, perpetuating problem that requires a tailored plan with a few key short term solutions to achieve the long term goal. This problem is fixable, but we are a HIGHLY mismanaged agency.

Last edited:
I know I'm the minority here but my facility will never get out of this OT hole if they don't implement the CRWG numbers. So I'm all for it even if it means I'm stuck for another 5 years. We can release 1 person once we get 5 more CPC's with current numbers but we also need those 5 extra certs for OT to be once or twice a month for no listers instead of every single week.

And I'm also selfish for this opinion, but I wish they gave priority release to people who haven't been able to leave their first facility. Just really sucks seeing people get numerous transfers throughout their career and knowing I might be a lifer at my level 7. My life could be worse though, I could be in Nantucket.
I’m in the same spot as you. No career progression, forced to be a lifer. Really is sad that being a CPC and a lvl 8 up/down is all I’ll ever experience. And everyone wonders why I’m so disgruntled. We are also a few years away from releasing anyone. And even then, there’s also a hardship or something.
If I knew I’d have no career progression or opportunities, I would have taken the job being a state trooper instead. I have so much regret putting all my eggs in this FAA basket

I’m in the same spot as you. No career progression, forced to be a lifer. Really is sad that being a CPC and a lvl 8 up/down is all I’ll ever experience. And everyone wonders why I’m so disgruntled. We are also a few years away from releasing anyone. And even then, there’s also a hardship or something.
If I knew I’d have no career progression or opportunities, I would have taken the job being a state trooper instead. I have so much regret putting all my eggs in this FAA basket
Disgruntled making 150k with pension and tsp. Wild

The system sucks but it’s what you signed up for and they are acting like they are living in poverty.
I don't agree with this point of view. At least in my experience I was sold on the idea to start at an up/down, get my radar ticket, and transfer anywhere I'd want to go. I had SO many people giving me that advice for 3 years straight before I was even hired. I did not sign up to work 50 hours a week, only 4 days off a month. Did you? I don't live in poverty but I also don't make enough to afford to buy a decent house either with how much the markets increased + interest rates. Not to mention the cost of childcare 6 days a week when the time comes.

I haven't been in very long either so I've been thinking really hard on other options. The early retirement, pension, and stability are really the only benefits I see.

I’m in the same spot as you. No career progression, forced to be a lifer. Really is sad that being a CPC and a lvl 8 up/down is all I’ll ever experience.
There’s always Chicago TRACON or NY TRACON. They’ll pay you almost $30k to move as well. If you’re going to be stuck and disgruntled, might as well make the big bucks. Plus, I heard everyone certifies at those places now for the huge check out bonuses.

There’s always Chicago TRACON or NY TRACON. They’ll pay you almost $30k to move as well. If you’re going to be stuck and disgruntled, might as well make the big bucks. Plus, I heard everyone certifies at those places now for the huge check out bonuses.
I thought only N90 does check out bonuses, does C90 do them too?

He also lost the chromosome lottery apparently. He makes you look like Copernicus
I know how much more I make than him so I can see where he’s coming from. We got hired around the same time. The system is so broken. I just don’t like how he defaults to paying us less than asking for him to be paid more

Back
Top Bottom