February (Q2) 2024

Crwg almost doubles my facilities number. If we can only release off that number it basically guarantees we are all here forever unless we say fuck it and go to a place with an MOU. Already know a lot are planning to quit and try our luck at reinstatement if that’s the case.

Crwg almost doubles my facilities number. If we can only release off that number it basically guarantees we are all here forever unless we say fuck it and go to a place with an MOU. Already know a lot are planning to quit and try our luck at reinstatement if that’s the case.
There is something to be said for taking that shot at a MOU facility. Not long back LAX was on one and subsequently had a wave of releases once they grew fat off of it.

Reminder: Not everyone got two year release dates and some facilities didn't release at all no matter what their numbers were. You didn't get NCEPT in a vacuum.
I'm halfway to retirement and I've literally never heard of this happening before NCEPT. I know of many ATM's who attempted to not release someone at all but every single time it was escalated a sub 2 year release date (although very close to 2) was given.

There is something to be said for taking that shot at a MOU facility. Not long back LAX was on one and subsequently had a wave of releases once they grew fat off of it.
I think they learned their lesson from that. I'd be very surprised if we see another tower only facility get its own transfer MOU.

I don’t have the answer. But the agency will fuck you over the first chance they get. Your nice OS’s you work with aren’t the same people that call the shots in DC. People forget that

Let’s cancel ncept and roll the dice
It’s time to let the whole system fail. Make them put out actually bids with incentives.

I think they learned their lesson from that. I'd be very surprised if we see another tower only facility get its own transfer MOU.
I’d be putting in for MIA for this purpose. They are already sitting on a lot of trainees as well.

Bring back 2 year release dates and not this blatant NATCA circlejerk bullshit.
This, I’ll take a 2 year release date in a heartbeat to go where I wanna go. The agency doesn’t realize how much power it would have in compromise at this point.

I’ve been saying that about CRWG forever and everyone looks at me like I have a 3rd eye. If we can’t hire more people, we have no business increasing facility numbers and nailing people down even longer over nothing. There’s nothing wrong with most facility numbers now. In general increasing numbers isn’t a bad thing, but we need to hire and train more controllers first before delving off into this shit.

I’ve been saying that about CRWG forever and everyone looks at me like I have a 3rd eye. If we can’t hire more people, we have no business increasing facility numbers and nailing people down even longer over nothing. There’s nothing wrong with most facility numbers now. In general increasing numbers isn’t a bad thing, but we need to hire and train more controllers first before delving off into this shit.
Do you know when the CRWG staff numbers are supposed to be in place?

Unfortunately they are trying to fix it with a long term solution instead of a short term one. Which means we all get the shit end of it and the controllers that get hired in the next 5-10 years will get to prosper in it

They are part of the FAA reauthorization
IMG_3625.jpeg
This was from the January update that natca sent out. Technically it isn’t being implemented yet because the FAA acknowledges CRWG but is still hiring off of the finance numbers

I know I'm the minority here but my facility will never get out of this OT hole if they don't implement the CRWG numbers. So I'm all for it even if it means I'm stuck for another 5 years. We can release 1 person once we get 5 more CPC's with current numbers but we also need those 5 extra certs for OT to be once or twice a month for no listers instead of every single week.

And I'm also selfish for this opinion, but I wish they gave priority release to people who haven't been able to leave their first facility. Just really sucks seeing people get numerous transfers throughout their career and knowing I might be a lifer at my level 7. My life could be worse though, I could be in Nantucket.

Back
Top Bottom