General Questions

Ah I see what you mean. So I guess the correct way to phrase it is the projected column doesn’t technically have a timetable within the formula because it’s just a formula using the specific inbound(green) outbound(red) columns. It’s just “meant” to reflect training time in years because there’s a training time in years based column within it. The retirements and other losses (red) uses training time in years however that formula is not visible and is calculated by the finance department.
Fair enough. I obviously received bad information and was facility specific. It does not make any sense to me to count a body within a projection that won’t be certified until 2.5 years from today, to justify a release of a certified controller 12 months from now or less. You are keeping the facility in constant stagnation.

Fair enough. I obviously received bad information and was facility specific. It does not make any sense to me to count a body within a projection that won’t be certified until 2.5 years from today, to justify a release of a certified controller 12 months from now or less. You are keeping the facility in constant stagnation.
Buddy this is just so far down the list of issues here. However like I was saying before projecteds are basically irrelevant for release at this point. They do however determine inbound potential.

Last edited:
Buddy this is just so far down the list of issues here lol. However like I was saying before projecteds are basically irrelevant for release at this point. They do however determine inbound potential.
Any word of the slightest on when the next panel will be? Any idea of how the percentage/ratios will be adjusted?

This is untrue. You need AOB above 85% and projected above 85%. Most facilities are projected above 85% especially if you receive new hire placements in any way. AOB (requires certs) is what is keeping most controllers from being release eligible.

Your ATM and Facrep have 0 control over outbound selections. Cat2 is at or before 12 months after selection. If you’re selected your ATM can hold you for 12 months at most. Any deviations from the MOU have to be approved by VP of ATS.
The 30% cpc to trainee ratio was an inbound restriction so it could cause a facility to have less selections but is irrelevant to release eligibility.
If the PPT displays 2 losses than you can lose 2.

They can defer it for 12 months for cat 2. 3 months for cat 1. They need 0 justifications within those time frames.
Ok im not sure that 100 percent true. Our facility was eligible to let 2 people go first quarter of 2020, and im 100 % positive. I was told that we would only be letting 1 person go. Its was me vs our VP, obviously he got selected over me. Second quarter of 2020, no new trainees, no new qualifications with the training hold, and 1 retirement at the end of July. We still let one person go. (Idk how SAT jumped so high) but someone else got selected above me. We were projected to be 100 percent staffed now we're projected i think around 98 percent. Were currently around 83 percent staffed. My Facrep is on the ncept panel, so when he said that, I was assuming that the ATM does have that power.

Ok im not sure that 100 percent true. Our facility was eligible to let 2 people go first quarter of 2020, and im 100 % positive. I was told that we would only be letting 1 person go. Its was me vs our VP, obviously he got selected over me. Second quarter of 2020, no new trainees, no new qualifications with the training hold, and 1 retirement at the end of July. We still let one person go. (Idk how SAT jumped so high) but someone else got selected above me. We were projected to be 100 percent staffed now we're projected i think around 98 percent. Were currently around 83 percent staffed. My Facrep is on the ncept panel, so when he said that, I was assuming that the ATM does have that power.
Did you and the VP both have in for the same facility?
Did they say you’d only be letting 1 go after the panel meaning only 1 got selected?
There are no Facreps on the NCEPT panel.
If you were green (85/85) in Q1 you don’t need anything new to be green again in Q2 you just need to not lose a CPC.

Did you and the VP both have in for the same facility?
Did they say you’d only be letting 1 go after the panel meaning only 1 got selected?
There are no Facreps on the NCEPT panel.
If you were green (85/85) in Q1 you don’t need anything new to be green again in Q2 you just need to not lose a CPC.
There aren't any on the national NCEPT panel but the regions do have Facrep designated as the NCEPT committee member. I don't think they are involved in the selection process but they do have info that others can't see regarding NCEPT.

Last edited:
There aren't any on the national NCEPT panel but the regions do have Facrep designated as the NCEPT committee member. I don't think they are involved in the selection process but they do have info that others can see regarding NCEPT.
A good one is the CRP FacRep, he's a regional for NCEPT.

There aren't any on the national NCEPT panel but the regions do have Facrep designated as the NCEPT committee member. I don't think they are involved in the selection process but they do have info that others can't see regarding NCEPT.
They are regional Leads

Ok so to clear this up for anyone here, CRP was never able to release 2 on either 2020 NCEPT. No the ATM or Facrep does not have some special power to restrict a release apart from a reference during the ranking period. Idk why you're so positive here it displays it for you on the PPT. There's a column specifically for Possible Losses.

My point is every region has a person that's caught up on what's happening with NCEPT. You can find out who the NCEPT person for your region is on NATCA.org. Or they could keep coming back here to get some info that may or may not be correct.

Move78 is that person for his region. So...yeah.
Tonight Show Oh Snap GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Now I know who to blame for all my NCEPT issues.

I hope you are not serious. NCEPT Leads have zero blame for what is negotiated/agreed by the Union. They are, on the other hand, very knowledgeable and have an in-depth understanding of how the process works, which Move78 has proven over and over again with his contributions to this website. I sure wish I had known about him and this website years ago when I was navigating the NCEPT process.

Move78 is just a messenger. Santa, Devine and above are the big players in the NCEPT game on the union side. If you have any issues with NCEPT, you may want to provide your feedback to those individuals.

I hope you are not serious. NCEPT Leads have zero blame for what is negotiated/agreed by the Union. They are, on the other hand, very knowledgeable and have an in-depth understanding of how the process works, which Move78 has proven over and over again with his contributions to this website. I sure wish I had known about him and this website years ago when I was navigating the NCEPT process.

Move78 is just a messenger. Santa, Devine and above are the big players in the NCEPT game on the union side. If you have any issues with NCEPT, you may want to provide your feedback to those individuals.
Relax it was 100% a joke, especially since I got picked up on the last panel. I'm sure Move78 appreciates your defense of them though?

I have question Hopefully someone here can help me out. Let's say my facility can release 1. I have multiple ERRs into lvl 9 and below that are projected above 85%. When selection time comes around will the lvl 9 and below above 85% projected be the last facilities to select a controller?

Does anyone have a historical list or way to find outside-of-NCEPT bids that go out, such as N90/C90 bids? I’m curious if there’s any way to see if another facility has had one or if there’s a threshold to be hit that triggers one. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom