General Questions

Just found out that the approach at my facility is strictly nonradar. Anyone know if having nonradar on my resume might give me a leg up when it comes time to transfer? or is it a hinderance? Thanks

If I were to become CPC then leave the FAA, would I need to be under 35 years of age if I decided to reapply.

Just found out that the approach at my facility is strictly nonradar. Anyone know if having nonradar on my resume might give me a leg up when it comes time to transfer? or is it a hinderance? Thanks

Yes. It gets you a pity point as in I pity that poor bastard for not having radar.

To be honest, most places are taking whatever they can get, so I wouldn’t worry.

I wouldn’t imagine it’d be very helpful, as it is not a very commonly used skill at larger facilities. For the most part, transferring is currently a numbers game and relies heavily on if your facility can release you (and if anyone else at your facility has in for somewhere that needs people more). Is it GTF?

I wouldn’t imagine it’d be very helpful, as it is not a very commonly used skill at larger facilities. For the most part, transferring is currently a numbers game and relies heavily on if your facility can release you (and if anyone else at your facility has in for somewhere that needs people more). Is it GTF?
TWF

If I were to become CPC then leave the FAA, would I need to be under 35 years of age if I decided to reapply.
No. Your age is locked in after initial hire. Then your options are cpc reinstatement or apply to a prior experience bid if you qualify.

if we are trying to go to different places do we submit a separate err package for each facility even if its the same region?

thank you and for the "most recent performance appraisal" do we use a 2020 one if the one for 2021 isnt done yet?
I’ve always just used whatever the most recent one is in the system even if it’s just a mid year and I’ve never gotten any shit about it.

I’ve always just used whatever the most recent one is in the system even if it’s just a mid year and I’ve never gotten any shit about it.
You also haven't been selected though...
Animated GIF

Lol yeah I think that has more to do with me being picky than anything
Yeah, just pulling you leg. It's so dumb they make you submit all the papers that are basically repeats over and over if you want to do multiple ERR's. I was hoping they'd streamline it and make it electronic or something by the time we can release. Some kind of system where you upload your docs and there's a list where you just check the box of the facilities you would go to and you can update it by the second up until the deadline. Seriously, why isn't NATCA trying to work on something like that? Would be especially nice for me considering I'm going to submit 40+ ERR's when the time comes.

Yeah, just pulling you leg. It's so dumb they make you submit all the papers that are basically repeats over and over if you want to do multiple ERR's. I was hoping they'd streamline it and make it electronic or something by the time we can release. Some kind of system where you upload your docs and there's a list where you just check the box of the facilities you would go to and you can update it by the second up until the deadline. Seriously, why isn't NATCA trying to work on something like that? Would be especially nice for me considering I'm going to submit 40+ ERR's when the time comes.
FAA HR loves paperwork. Do they still make people use the resume generator on USA jobs? My resume was like 10 pages after using that thing. A 10 page resume would immediately go in the trash in any private sector HR department.

And you should request a detail shift so you can just take 8 hours and stand at the fax machine the entire time.

FAA HR loves paperwork. Do they still make people use the resume generator on USA jobs? My resume was like 10 pages after using that thing. A 10 page resume would immediately go in the trash in any private sector HR department.

And you should request a detail shift so you can just take 8 hours and stand at the fax machine the entire time.
Not sure honestly, I think I've deleted enough to only include ATC experience so my resume is only 1 or 2 pages. Is getting paid to submit ERRs really a thing though? Figured that would all be on my time and the FAA would let me use their fax machine if I was lucky

Not sure honestly, I think I've deleted enough to only include ATC experience so my resume is only 1 or 2 pages. Is getting paid to submit ERRs really a thing though? Figured that would all be on my time and the FAA would let me use their fax machine if I was lucky
They definitely won’t approve a shift for that lol. I’ve sometimes gotten supes to give me some extra time to put one together but they definitely don’t have to.

Back
Top Bottom