Government Shutdown - March Edition

ClearanceClarence

Legendary Member
Well, here we are again. The fucking morons in Washington are pushing us to the brink yet again, and it looks like this might be one of the better chances of things actually shutting down.

Since they’ve made this so complicated now, does anyone know if we’re included in the March 1st deadline or March 8th?

But I got emails of applauding the cr.
Again they will NOT ever shut down again. Nothing changes except free leave. Guaranteed it won't.

I'm actually not even sure which deadline we are in because frankly it doesn't matter. Do NOT worry about this. I encourage everyone to get a month or so of emergency funds in the bank. If a shutdown ever occurs make sure you know your rights. IE if you HAPPEN to get it will be converted from sick to furlough. Your annual can actually still be used as normal. Someone else can link the opm guidance but I'm over this, we will be on CRs until I retire.

It literally has a negligible impact on our operations.

In terms of the state of congress if this happens overseas (failure to reach a budget) they all get fired and their opponents take over. I wish something would change here but it wont.

In the short term, yes. But in the long term academy gets shutdown, contractors get fired and move on, the FAA pushes through half as many controllers as expected for the year, and the same congressmen grill them on why staffing is low.
Valid-i should have said on the floor specifically.

But we already are sluggish and behind. Did we seize the opportunity and get all trainees class work during the pandemic?

Are facilities still backlogged?

Line up and wait and a wrench in the operation is the norm. It's not like some efficient machine has a catastrophic meltdown, more like a beat up engine blows a coolant hose. You sit on the side of the road while a friend brings you a replacement.

The targets for cpcs are made up arbitrary numbers anyway (faa vs cwg) and new contractors are always retiring from the floor

The academy opened up well before facilities as well as continued operating basics virtually.

The flms almost resumed training before the floor and intermittently

figure out the common denominator
The same group that would shit on trainees for even asking why they hadn’t been allowed to train in over a year, telling them “you should be grateful you weren’t laid off.”

Who’s taking bets on whether we get thru all of FY24 on nothing but CR’s?
This is what scares me. Part of the debt ceiling deal last year required 1% across the board spending cuts should the government still be in a CR past April 30th. Some sources say this will translate to 6-7% agency cuts as they will reportedly leave Medicaid (or Medicare, I honestly don't know the difference), Social Security, and debt servicing alone. The cuts include cuts to defense spending, which is the saving grace from allowing House Republicans to completely throw everything in the shitter.

It's going to be an interesting couple months.

This is what scares me. Part of the debt ceiling deal last year required 1% across the board spending cuts should the government still be in a CR past April 30th. Some sources say this will translate to 6-7% agency cuts as they will reportedly leave Medicaid (or Medicare, I honestly don't know the difference), Social Security, and debt servicing alone. The cuts include cuts to defense spending, which is the saving grace from allowing House Republicans to completely throw everything in the shitter.

I had completely forgotten about this...

Sequestration part 2

There’s an easy solution there. Furlough all the scammers on full time NATCA details sitting in offices earning 6-figure salaries doing nothing. But of course the “collaborative” solution would probably just be to fuck trainees again.

The same group that would shit on trainees for even asking why they hadn’t been allowed to train in over a year, telling them “you should be grateful you weren’t laid off.”
I’m sure this long term training stop for “the safety of the NAS” was not a contributing factor to our staffing taking an even deeper nose dive.

Who could have ever foreseen that essentially not training anyone for more than a year would have any consequences to our staffing.

Back
Top Bottom