Government Shutdown

“Babin said while no amendments nor any committee to review the final product was allowed, there were "just a handful of members and their staff who gathered in secret to write a $2.3 trillion bill."

Cocaine Mitch and Pelosi have far too much power
Eh the membership agrees with them since they could remove them at any time but they don’t. Congressional leadership is cover so dudes like rand Paul fans at stuff that doesn’t matter

Here's what I'm not a fan of: the COVID stimulus bill is $900B. There are 330M people in the US. That's $2700 the bill costs each person in the US, more if you only count adults who pay taxes.

Out of that $2700, we're each getting $600. Less than 25%. Where's the rest of it going?

I'd love it if Trump kicked the bill back to Congress and said "no, make it $2k" and they trimmed the rest of the bill to do that and keep it at $900B, but we know the chances of that...

Here's what I'm not a fan of: the COVID stimulus bill is $900B. There are 330M people in the US. That's $2700 the bill costs each person in the US, more if you only count adults who pay taxes.

Out of that $2700, we're each getting $600. Less than 25%. Where's the rest of it going?

I'd love it if Trump kicked the bill back to Congress and said "no, make it $2k" and they trimmed the rest of the bill to do that and keep it at $900B, but we know the chances of that...
Well we need it in other essential places..
... s/

Back
Top Bottom