Hardship Cover Letter

ATC Ace

FAA
Facility
ZME Memphis Center
Hey I am in the process of submitting my hardship application and I was wondering if anyone had a templete or format for the cover letter. Does anyone know if we can still submit a hardship application during the pandemic? Also I need help filling out the forms 3330-42 and 43. Thanks

Hey I am in the process of submitting my hardship application and I was wondering if anyone had a templete or format for the cover letter. Does anyone know if we can still submit a hardship application during the pandemic? Also I need help filling out the forms 3330-42 and 43. Thanks
They’re pretty self explanatory

On the cover letter I'd simply state your reason for the hardship and why you have to leave. Also that's where you could put in the statement that's required in A99.

Also look up the ERR package on here and download it. It shows a sample of what a completed forms should look like.

Thanks for the tip... I was confused about the vacancy #, Title, series, grade of vacancy... I don't know where to find the vacancy announcement and since I am applying for hardship do I need to reference a vacancy #?

Thanks for the tip... I was confused about the vacancy #, Title, series, grade of vacancy... I don't know where to find the vacancy announcement and since I am applying for hardship do I need to reference a vacancy #?

No vacancy number. In that area I would write N/A or HARDSHIP.

For vacancy number, just put "Hardship" (or "ERR", for those that want to do a standard ERR)

Title, series, and grade of vacancy: It should read "ATCS, AT-2152-XX", where XX is your facility level (D-L, to denote 4-12) and Terminal or Enroute (H or K respectively) so a Level 9 TRACON or Tower would read "ATCS, AT-2152-IH" and a Level 12 Center would read "ATCS, AT-2152-LK"

The facility you want to go TO, you would put the corresponding Level and Type (TO Chicago Center: ATCS, AT-2152-LK)
The facility you are transferring FROM would be your current Level and Type (FROM Milwaukee Tower/TRACON: ATCS, AT-2152-IH)

Who do I address the cover letter to? Is it the ATM at my facility? I was told that I did not need to submit the hardship to my regional office.

On the cover letter I just stated that in accordance with Article 99 section 2 subsection II of the NATCA/FAA CBA, I am seeking a hardship transfer... then I listed the position and location that I am going to. Is that enough or do I need to explain why I am requesting the hardship on the cover letter?

On the cover letter I just stated that in accordance with Article 99 section 2 subsection II of the NATCA/FAA CBA, I am seeking a hardship transfer... then I listed the position and location that I am going to. Is that enough or do I need to explain why I am requesting the hardship on the cover letter?
If you don’t have the reasoning for the hardship request in the cover letter, where else are you going to have it?

Well I am submitting documentation from doctors, the only sample cover letters I have been reading are ERR transfers which don't have to explain everything. I just want to make sure that I am doing this correclty.

Well I am submitting documentation from doctors, the only sample cover letters I have been reading are ERR transfers which don't have to explain everything. I just want to make sure that I am doing this correclty.
Well yeah ERR submissions don’t have to specifically state anything, because it’s a huge numbers game with transfers under NCEPT. A99 is for a specific person under very specific circumstances.

I added the reasoning for my hardship request in the cover letter, if that holds any weight.

For vacancy number, just put "Hardship" (or "ERR", for those that want to do a standard ERR)

Title, series, and grade of vacancy: It should read "ATCS, AT-2152-XX", where XX is your facility level (D-L, to denote 4-12) and Terminal or Enroute (H or K respectively) so a Level 9 TRACON or Tower would read "ATCS, AT-2152-IH" and a Level 12 Center would read "ATCS, AT-2152-LK"

The facility you want to go TO, you would put the corresponding Level and Type (TO Chicago Center: ATCS, AT-2152-LK)
The facility you are transferring FROM would be your current Level and Type (FROM Milwaukee Tower/TRACON: ATCS, AT-2152-IH)
There’s a mistake in this post: the 2nd letter is H for regular ATCS. Regardless if terminal or enroute. The 2nd letter I believe denotes MSS level so ex: LK would be like a 12 OM MSS3 or something. LH is 12 ATCS regardless of facility type

There’s a mistake in this post: the 2nd letter is H for regular ATCS. Regardless if terminal or enroute. The 2nd letter I believe denotes MSS level so ex: LK would be like a 12 OM MSS3 or something. LH is 12 ATCS regardless of facility type
Yeah. 2nd character is career level. H is CPC.

Thank you for that important correction.

Wanted to know if you guys would give your interpretation of Article 99

III. Transfer of an employee in case of an estranged family where dependent children are involved and the transfer of an employee to a different geographical area would allow the employee to maintain contact with his or her children. Not all situations of separation from children will be considered, the geographical separation from the children must have been involuntary. Factors that should be considered are the length and time of separation, the age, and the health of the children.

I interpret it to mean, a controller that is divorced, for some reason lost custody of their children and the other parent moved causing a separation.

In contrast (what I'm going through right now) I am married, my husband just received military orders across the country that are involuntary (he has to go) and I am 5 months pregnant. What are your thoughts on this? Would the FAA deny this simply for the fact we are not divorced? Now, obviously he was not forced to join the military and I was not forced to marry someone in the military but life happens and I wouldn't change a thing. It doesn't mean I'm not going to stop fighting for my family and my career.

I have heard of a few cases very similar to mine that were approved. However I don't have the specifics. I'd really like to know if anyone knows of someone or anyone has had a hardship approved like this so I can see if my case is legitimate.

Wanted to know if you guys would give your interpretation of Article 99

III. Transfer of an employee in case of an estranged family where dependent children are involved and the transfer of an employee to a different geographical area would allow the employee to maintain contact with his or her children. Not all situations of separation from children will be considered, the geographical separation from the children must have been involuntary. Factors that should be considered are the length and time of separation, the age, and the health of the children.

I interpret it to mean, a controller that is divorced, for some reason lost custody of their children and the other parent moved causing a separation.

In contrast (what I'm going through right now) I am married, my husband just received military orders across the country that are involuntary (he has to go) and I am 5 months pregnant. What are your thoughts on this? Would the FAA deny this simply for the fact we are not divorced? Now, obviously he was not forced to join the military and I was not forced to marry someone in the military but life happens and I wouldn't change a thing. It doesn't mean I'm not going to stop fighting for my family and my career.

I have heard of a few cases very similar to mine that were approved. However I don't have the specifics. I'd really like to know if anyone knows of someone or anyone has had a hardship approved like this so I can see if my case is legitimate.
Probably depends on where you are at and how much they need you. Historically you have the best chance to Hardship out of ZNY and Oakland Center.

Probably depends on where you are at and how much they need you. Historically you have the best chance to Hardship out of ZNY and Oakland Center.
That is something I have noticed myself. I'm at a tower that can release two people and management is very supportive so I think it's going to depend on the regions interpretation.

Do your best to convey that the separation from your spouse, along with being pregnant, would be detrimental to your health/well-being. This can be carefully worded in the cover letter of your hardship paperwork, as well as any medical documentation you may be able to provide.

Back
Top Bottom