Hardship medical note

tekylla

Lurker
FAA
Facility
ZSE Seattle Center
My daughters primary care manager happens to be a ARNP. There is only one MD pediatrician where I take my kids and he's never accepting new patients. Has never mattered though because the NP diagnoses and medicated the same as he would. Anywho, the premise for my hardship is my daughters health. Her primary care ARNP wrote a letter that's was stellar....
I was told 'the agency doesn't recognize NP for medical diagnoses, needs an actual doctors signature'
Is this for real???! Considering for a lot of us, your insurance chooses your primary care manager.

They are absolute scumbags when it comes to medical hardships. One dudes mother had brain cancer, months to live, and they rejected it saying the VA doctors weren't qualified to make that determination.

Get in touch with the hardship rep, ask them exactly why the hardship was denied, and then go to your medical people and explain the situation and have them try to play whatever games the FAA is playing.

The good thing is that I haven't officially applied yet. My rep is helping me get everything in order so it will for sure go through. His contact told him about the NP vs doc thing. I appreciate them telling me now before I submit it, it's just soooo frustrating!
I don't see how the agency can not accept what an NPor a PA diagnoses. They can even prescribe medication.
My next move is to try and see if the pediatrician in the office will sign off on his colleagues word. Otherwise we'll have to get the insurance to assign us an actual MD and start all this over. I'd hate to think my daughter will have a gap in care over this!

You don't need to change providers or anything. You can schedule a consultation with a Dr and just say you need their opinion and ask for paperwork. If it's a serious medical condition they might be hesitant to put their name on something. But if you explain the whole situation they will probably try to help.

Back
Top Bottom