HAZARD PAY for Covid-19 Pandemic?

We better start a phone call campaign to Cocaine Mitch, in solidarity!

?

Senate Democrats Propose $25,000 Pay Increase for Frontline Federal Employees

1. A $25,000 premium pay increase for essential workers, equivalent to a raise of $13 per hour from the start of the public health emergency until December 31, 2020

"Our proposal would ensure all federal government essential frontline employees receive the same $25,000 premium pay benefit provided to other essential workers. Coverage should be expansive to capture all federal employees with public-facing positions.This includes Title 5 employees and employees of all other federal personnel systems (e.g., employees of the Postal Service,TSA, VA, FAA, District of Columbia, and federally-funded Indian programs). The benefit would be limited to frontline and public-facing positions – employees who are not teleworking from their homes."

?

1. A $25,000 premium pay increase for essential workers, equivalent to a raise of $13 per hour from the start of the public health emergency until December 31, 2020

"Our proposal would ensure all federal government essential frontline employees receive the same $25,000 premium pay benefit provided to other essential workers. Coverage should be expansive to capture all federal employees with public-facing positions.This includes Title 5 employees and employees of all other federal personnel systems (e.g., employees of the Postal Service,TSA, VA, FAA, District of Columbia, and federally-funded Indian programs). The benefit would be limited to frontline and public-facing positions – employees who are not teleworking from their homes."
Sounds too good to be true. But damn it would be nice.

?

Sounds like a dream.

Ok so at this point shouldn't at least M98/MSP be getting hazard pay right now? :rolleyes:

(NOTE: I think pic is of the same force that NATCA deploys to defend NCEPT and quash all dissent)

View attachment 3785

Using this logic everyone working near the city of St. Louis or Baltimore or another high murder rate city, should get it all the time. Love it when trump supporters have their hand out and say but I deserve it....

Last edited:
Using this logic everyone working near the city of St. Louis or Baltimore or another high murder rate city, should get it all the time. Love it when trump supporters have their hand out and say but I deserve it....
I mean, hazard pay is in the contract, it references a law, the law says working in conditions of a biological hazard or outbreak... non essentials and trainees have been sent home and new cleaning/sterilization procedures instituted Bc of the hazard of outbreak. A reasonable case can be made for, and against it.

I mean, hazard pay is in the contract, it references a law, the law says working in conditions of a biological hazard or outbreak... non essentials and trainees have been sent home and new cleaning/sterilization procedures instituted Bc of the hazard of outbreak. A reasonable case can be made for, and against it.

Did you read what he was replying to? He didn't say he disagreed with any of this. He was replying to someone saying that the Minneapolis facilities specifically should be getting hazard pay. Cuz of the riots.

giphy.gif

They're waiting for all the trainees to come back so everyone can get hazard pay.

I wanted to bring this thread back, I still think it’s nuts that NATCA never truly addressed this question with the membership. I know they said they support the HEROS act, the $3 Trillion relief package that would have paid it but there was always a 0% chance of that passing. Do you think they are looking at it at all? I’m glad training is starting but that’s another argument in favor of granting it. With so many people sitting home all these months and most of the controller working 5 on 5 off it might not even cost as much as you think.

Back
Top Bottom