Holiday pay if government shuts down

So rereading what I wrote in my other post, it wasn't clear. Whoever posted after me was correct, so is your ATM, concerning leave during shutdown. Sorry if I confused anyone. Attached OPM guidance for all things shutdown.

If it carries over Christmas holiday things are going to get spicy

Attachments

• guidance-for-shutdown-furloughs.pdf
    441.3 KB · Views: 27
he just got off a telecom regarding the shutdown and told me that my spot leave was approved and I can take it. He said if there’s an appropriation to back pay holiday pay to those who worked the holiday, I won’t be charged the 8 hours of leave ??‍♂️

he just got off a telecom regarding the shutdown and told me that my spot leave was approved and I can take it. He said if there’s an appropriation to back pay holiday pay to those who worked the holiday, I won’t be charged the 8 hours of leave ??‍♂️
:) Not too surprising. Can you imagine if the shutdown lasts over Christmas and they tried to cancel all leave

You’ll most likely get admin leave (given the government shuts down tonight and those “not working” get back paid). There has already been legislation introduced to back pay federal employees in the event of a shutdown tonight.

Back
Top Bottom