Holiday pay if government shuts down

I assume the Christmas holiday pay we will get, as it is in the contract. But Christmas eve was an executive order. But if all non-essential employees are on furlough because of a shutdown anyway, will Christmas eve still be treated as a holiday?

I assume the Christmas holiday pay we will get, as it is in the contract. But Christmas eve was an executive order. But if all non-essential employees are on furlough because of a shutdown anyway, will Christmas eve still be treated as a holiday?
. If you’re at work you should get holiday pay. If not you should still see free leave

Who knows what is happing with the government but I have leave for tomorrow. If we shut down chances are I will get paid and keep the leave correct?

So the next question I have- my RDOs are MON/TUES, my in lieu of days are Sunday and Wednesday. I was gonna take the free leave Sunday instead of receiving holiday pay. I was just told that i can’t take leave by my ATM- I would be considered AWOL?

So the next question I have- my RDOs are MON/TUES, my in lieu of days are Sunday and Wednesday. I was gonna take the free leave Sunday instead of receiving holiday pay. I was just told that i can’t take leave by my ATM- I would be considered AWOL?
Not right. If you're referring to the shutdown. If he's saying no because manning (or whatever management reason), then sure he can deny spot leave.
Sounds like he might be thinking of furloughs.

Not right. If you're referring to the shutdown. If he's saying no because manning (or whatever management reason), then sure he can deny spot leave.
Sounds like he might be thinking of furloughs.
Staffing isn’t a problem. my spot leave for Sunday was approved. I was having the argument because if I get charged for the leave on my in lieu of day, and those who work the holiday get paid for the holiday from an enacted appropriation, I would have a grievance to file.

I’m taking about if the government shuts down and stays shut down through the holiday

Well, you aren’t AWOL but you’ll be furlough unless he’s saying you have to show up. There is no paid leave status during a shutdown. You’re either at work or you aren’t. So if you aren’t and you already had leave approved then your leave will be denied and converted to furlough if you still want the day off. It’s then up to how it reopens as to whether or not you get paid which has always been yes but of course not guaranteed.

Back
Top Bottom