Furlough status during shutdown

the inquirer

Trusted Contributor
If someone lost currency and is unable to get the 16 hours by the end of this month, if the government shuts down, will he be put into furlough status? Since he will not be able to work any positions.

Tricky cuz you'd be non essential until you get that over the shoulder. You could easily say I don't have any positions so I'm not essential via the definition. We have to find out who exactly was deemed excepted employees this will probably be addressed in an mou

Tricky cuz you'd be non essential until you get that over the shoulder. You could easily say I don't have any positions so I'm not essential via the definition. We have to find out who exactly was deemed excepted employees this will probably be addressed in an mou
This is the correct response.

From what I have heard is OJT will continue during this shutdown. But, like others said, we will find out for sure probably on Monday morning.

What’s the first check we are going to miss? 17th?
From what I have heard, payroll has attempted to process this upcoming paycheck similar to a holiday weekend; so, allegedly, we should get paid for the 3rd before the shutdown begins (possibly DD on Friday or Saturday, possibly sent to financial institutions with a hold until Tuesday). If that is the case then the 17th will be the first "missed" paycheck if everything is still in shutdown status by then.

Many banks will cover paychecks during shutdown in increments of 1k. I.e. Navy Federal and etc. Call and ask if it goes down. If your check is $4250, they'll cover $4000. If it's $3750, they'll cover 3k a pay period until it's over.

Many banks will cover paychecks during shutdown in increments of 1k. I.e. Navy Federal and etc. Call and ask if it goes down. If your check is $4250, they'll cover $4000. If it's $3750, they'll cover 3k a pay period until it's over.
USAA does the same thing

Memorandum issued reference the Government Employee Fair Treatment Act of 2019. This was written a while back but it’s a good read.

Attachments

• GEFTAOPM.pdf
    278.4 KB · Views: 80
Back
Top Bottom