Housing

Does anybody know if any of these housing providers have space to set up a desk and my computer? I’d like to bring my set up with me but I’m having trouble seeing which provider would have space the best space for it.
If you stay at Kim's, you'll have a spare bedroom to use

Has anyone used airbnb out there? Looks like you can get monthly stays for $1,000-$1,200. Nice furnished full apartments

So, I got picked up on a prior exp bid last year and just got informed that I have to go to RTF and TSEW. I knew I had to go to TSEW, but RTF is a new requirement. New national order came out. Reading different things about the per diem and what not. Is it confirmed that we are unable to pocket the excess housing per diem now? Also, would it be possible to stay at one of those extended stay hotels that have a kitchen?

So, I got picked up on a prior exp bid last year and just got informed that I have to go to RTF and TSEW. I knew I had to go to TSEW, but RTF is a new requirement. New national order came out. Reading different things about the per diem and what not. Is it confirmed that we are unable to pocket the excess housing per diem now? Also, would it be possible to stay at one of those extended stay hotels that have a kitchen?
That’s correct you cannot pocket the extra housing per diem anymore, the self pay option is gone entirely. But you can stay at a hotel and sign up for their rewards program and earn points while you’re there. A lot of people do that now and end up leaving OKC with a week or two worth of free hotel stays.

That’s correct you cannot pocket the extra housing per diem anymore, the self pay option is gone entirely. But you can stay at a hotel and sign up for their rewards program and earn points while you’re there. A lot of people do that now and end up leaving OKC with a week or two worth of free hotel stays.
Dang. I see it mentioned as only applying to "new hires" though. Does that not translate over to someone who has already gone to their facility? Just trying to understand. Do those free days ever expire because I almost never stay in a hotel? Been years since I last did it and that was for a special course while I was in the military.

Dang. I see it mentioned as only applying to "new hires" though. Does that not translate over to someone who has already gone to their facility? Just trying to understand. Do those free days ever expire because I almost never stay in a hotel? Been years since I last did it and that was for a special course while I was in the military.
I believe the policy extends to everyone going to OKC now. Not sure about the days expiring. I know one guy who did it and ended up using the free days when he reported to his assigned facility for a few weeks. Might be worth checking with the individual hotels.

im pretty sure the per diem will cover it, and if it doesnt, that the manager will make a deal
Something to look into for sure. I saw that some hotels do offer a government rate, but you add taxes on there and it is your entire per diem + a little more in some cases. Not expecting to make money (maybe some) on the trip, but do not want to lose money during it either.

Something to look into for sure. I saw that some hotels do offer a government rate, but you add taxes on there and it is your entire per diem + a little more in some cases. Not expecting to make money (maybe some) on the trip, but do not want to lose money during it either.
If that manager has half a brain he will cut a deal. Extended stay from a non homeless/drug addict is a step up from their average customer by the airport. With low occupancy right now it’s a no brainer.

Back
Top Bottom