Housing

I'm thinking of going to Anatole because I think I'd prefer to live alone (never lived with roommates). Besides that, and what sounds like the properties are nicer, is there any benefit to Anatole over Kim's Place? The food shopping list sounds pretty attractive but other than that, just wondering what people liked about Anatole over Kim's place
In my opinion, if you're terminal then there's not really a need to have roommates and because of that I 100% would say go to Anatole. They have a private gym where you hardly see anyone and a pool/grilling area. My class studied a few times outside of the academy, but you quickly reach a point where you can't simulate the faster speed of the labs by trying to use a whiteboard and paper strips. In terms of food, I highly suggest ordering online through walmart. $10 flat delivery and they have a TON to pick from unlike the Kim's food list.

I can't speak for en route, but it seems like Kim's would be a good option for en route students since you're already living together and can study frequently.

In my opinion, if you're terminal then there's not really a need to have roommates and because of that I 100% would say go to Anatole. They have a private gym where you hardly see anyone and a pool/grilling area. My class studied a few times outside of the academy, but you quickly reach a point where you can't simulate the faster speed of the labs by trying to use a whiteboard and paper strips. In terms of food, I highly suggest ordering online through walmart. $10 flat delivery and they have a TON to pick from unlike the Kim's food list.

I can't speak for en route, but it seems like Kim's would be a good option for en route students since you're already living together and can study frequently.
Yeah I'll be enroute. Thanks for your input!

In my opinion, if you're terminal then there's not really a need to have roommates and because of that I 100% would say go to Anatole. They have a private gym where you hardly see anyone and a pool/grilling area. My class studied a few times outside of the academy, but you quickly reach a point where you can't simulate the faster speed of the labs by trying to use a whiteboard and paper strips.

Out of curiosity, can any other terminal academy grads confirm this? Asking as someone starting terminal basics next week lol. Like the earlier poster I'd much prefer to live without roommates but I am also concerned with passing over anything else. Been on the site for a couple years and haven't heard this about the terminal classes before.

Does every lodging option on the FAA site accept the per diem rate?

Also, on the list it says the Residence Inn (OKC Airport) is offering “short term” lodging. Is that true or just hasn’t been updated and long term is available too?
1. idk probably

2. it probably hasnt been updated, i booked with them for a long term stay recently

Out of curiosity, can any other terminal academy grads confirm this? Asking as someone starting terminal basics next week lol. Like the earlier poster I'd much prefer to live without roommates but I am also concerned with passing over anything else. Been on the site for a couple years and haven't heard this about the terminal classes before.
24 hours in a day. 8.5 hours for class. 8 hours for sleep. That leaves you with 7.5 hours for commuting/studying/everything else.
If you lived in opposite ends of Oklahoma City, I can’t imagine the drive being longer than 30 minutes. So even if you live without roommates, and live at opposite ends of the city, you still have time to drive to your classmate and still have at least 5 hours to study together each week day. My advice, just live wherever you want that will make you happy. 1-2 hours a day is way more than enough. At most, I only met up for about 4 group studies in 3 months. Most of the true studying was testing myself with random scenarios.

If you don’t want roommates, then Anatole is the right choice. I’m at the academy now. I recommend reserving a space early because the wait list can be an issue. Walmart is really the only grocery store around, but it’s only about a 5 minute drive from the complex (depending on MacArthur red lights) along with a lot of fast food options if that is your thing.

If you don’t want roommates, then Anatole is the right choice. I’m at the academy now. I recommend reserving a space early because the wait list can be an issue. Walmart is really the only grocery store around, but it’s only about a 5 minute drive from the complex (depending on MacArthur red lights) along with a lot of fast food options if that is your thing.
The groceries in okc are horrible. We’d drive to sprouts or Trader Joe’s on the weekend.

24 hours in a day. 8.5 hours for class. 8 hours for sleep. That leaves you with 7.5 hours for commuting/studying/everything else.
If you lived in opposite ends of Oklahoma City, I can’t imagine the drive being longer than 30 minutes. So even if you live without roommates, and live at opposite ends of the city, you still have time to drive to your classmate and still have at least 5 hours to study together each week day. My advice, just live wherever you want that will make you happy. 1-2 hours a day is way more than enough. At most, I only met up for about 4 group studies in 3 months. Most of the true studying was testing myself with random scenarios.

Yeah I figure that, I was just surprised because he said that study groups aren't really important for Terminal specifically after a certain point and I hadn't heard that before. Wasn't sure if anyone else had the same experience.

Yeah I plan on reserving as soon as I find out what our in-person date is going to be. Which housing provider did you go through? From what I've seen from posts on here the experience is way better if you go through one of the providers instead of Anatole directly. I was planning on using 22 Modern Living but looks like they might have closed down over the pandemic.

I can 100% agree but each class could be different. Towards the end of terminal, the sims get so complicated and saturated that there's really no good way to practice problems outside of class unless it's just going over 1 or 2 situations that you have a difficult time with. I was actually surprised to find out how much extra free time I had towards the end tbh. If a majority of your classmates choose kims and you go to anatole, it's not that bad of a drive to meet up with everyone once in awhile. I stayed at kims and had a roomate who was in a completely different class than me, 1 month ahead and on opposite schedules, so I basically was at kims w/o a roommate. A roommate is not a requirement to pass the academy, but I highly recommend being close with your classmates and making an effort to join them outside of class to both study and explore OKC.

I'm thinking of going to Anatole because I think I'd prefer to live alone (never lived with roommates). Besides that, and what sounds like the properties are nicer, is there any benefit to Anatole over Kim's Place? The food shopping list sounds pretty attractive but other than that, just wondering what people liked about Anatole over Kim's place

I finished the terminal class in 2016 but I can't imagine things completely change a ton. But Anatole is about 15-20 minutes from Kim's give our take traffic. Studying with class mates may be important but what helped me was just studying at my own pace in my own apartment which is why I went with Anatole. There's a walmart close by and an Aldi if your looking to save more money. The pool was a nice thing to have as I went from May-Aug, and the gym is small but nice as well. If you will have a car Anatole is the way to go especially if you like privacy.

I finished the terminal class in 2016 but I can't imagine things completely change a ton. But Anatole is about 15-20 minutes from Kim's give our take traffic. Studying with class mates may be important but what helped me was just studying at my own pace in my own apartment which is why I went with Anatole. There's a walmart close by and an Aldi if your looking to save more money. The pool was a nice thing to have as I went from May-Aug, and the gym is small but nice as well. If you will have a car Anatole is the way to go especially if you like privacy.
Unfortunately I won't have a car unless I rent one. If no car, do you still recommend it?

Yeah I figure that, I was just surprised because he said that study groups aren't really important for Terminal specifically after a certain point and I hadn't heard that before. Wasn't sure if anyone else had the same experience.

Yeah I plan on reserving as soon as I find out what our in-person date is going to be. Which housing provider did you go through? From what I've seen from posts on here the experience is way better if you go through one of the providers instead of Anatole directly. I was planning on using 22 Modern Living but looks like they might have closed down over the pandemic.
I’m using FAA rooms/Corporate Housing Solutions. No issues so far.

Unfortunately I won't have a car unless I rent one. If no car, do you still recommend it?
They didn't have an academy shuttle when I was there but I think they do now. There are grocery delivery services out there, but you'd be limited to relying on a classmate with a car renting one, or Uber for other activities.

I already made a reservation with the Hyatt Bricktown downtown. I'm planning to rent a car/carpool with another classmate and they are negotiable with the per diem. Plus Hyatt rewards program has a special promo that will net you top tier elite status after 30 nights. Aside from that, I think you do whatever it takes to pass, meet up with classmates, while also staying within your comfort zone.

I already made a reservation with the Hyatt Bricktown downtown. I'm planning to rent a car/carpool with another classmate and they are negotiable with the per diem. Plus Hyatt rewards program has a special promo that will net you top tier elite status after 30 nights. Aside from that, I think you do whatever it takes to pass, meet up with classmates, while also staying within your comfort zone.
You are going to gate that drive. Weekends will be fun

Back
Top Bottom