Housing

Lots of people have stayed at the embassy down the street but you’ll have to cover the taxes cuz they don’t include them in the rate. Staybridge will though. I would have stayed there if I knew that.

Lots of people have stayed at the embassy down the street but you’ll have to cover the taxes cuz they don’t include them in the rate. Staybridge will though. I would have stayed there if I knew that.
Place is dated af but well worth it for the breakfast and happy hour.

Just stayed there recently for a few months. Definitely worth those perks, get the Hilton rewards if you stay there.ended up with 4 free nights with all the points I earned. They are on the faa approved housing providers, so they pay direct to the hotel and they remove the taxes.

Just stayed there recently for a few months. Definitely worth those perks, get the Hilton rewards if you stay there.ended up with 4 free nights with all the points I earned. They are on the faa approved housing providers, so they pay direct to the hotel and they remove the taxes.
Are y’all talking about staybridge or embassy?

Are y’all talking about staybridge or embassy?
Embassy suites by Hilton at okc. It's also on the academy shuttle route if you don't want to take a vehicle. Only downside is if your classmates all live somewhere else. if you want to get together to study

Our original class all stayed at Kim's and we were housed together on the same street, two per house. We later were combined with another class (Covid reset), and most of them stayed at Kim's as well, fortunately in the same neighborhood. Their class had one stay at Anatole, and another at a hotel, both enjoyed their spots and would occasionally drive out to us. I would recommend Kim's just for the grocery list if you wanted to save as much as you can. You really didn't have to spend a penny while you were there as the list covered a lot of the stuff to get you by.

We all studied together for a bit, but some of us stopped doing group study sessions after non-radar since it came down to personal study preferences. However, it was still amazing to be near one another just to walk across the street to hang out and bounce questions off one another, not necessarily studying, but just being able to relax. While I agree the hotel points are nice, banking 4-5 days of free nights didn't really seem worth it compared to being near everyone and saving on groceries.

Just a quick note about hotel/motel tax as I currently work in that industry: as the room is being paid with a method of payment from a government agency they are tax-exempt. The hotel should already have those forms on file since it is directly billed to the FAA. Do not let them convince you to pay the taxes on the room.

I know this thread has been dormant for a hot minute but was hoping someone could chime in on their experience at the Staybridge Suites Bricktown. I think I’ve narrowed it down to there or the Residence Inn on Meridian.

I stayed at the residence inn it was nice. 10 min drive vs 20, some of ur classmates will prolly be at Kim's and it's not far from there either if you wanna study, and depends if u value ihg vs Marriott rewards. I got 6 nights in hawaii for 250k Marriot points that woulda been 6k cash

I know this thread has been dormant for a hot minute but was hoping someone could chime in on their experience at the Staybridge Suites Bricktown. I think I’ve narrowed it down to there or the Residence Inn on Meridian.
If you prefer hookers and meth go with the residence inn.

If you desire shootings and stabbings go with Staybridge.

I’d go with Staybridge, more to do outside of class and on the weekends.

If you prefer hookers and meth go with the residence inn.

If you desire shootings and stabbings go with Staybridge.

I’d go with Staybridge, more to do outside of class and on the weekends.
If you want shootings, I recommend Traveler's Inn on MacArthur...

Does anyone have experience with the A&T Corporate housing? Mainly looking because of the pool, gym, playground and business center. (I have a wife and 2 kids so need things to keep them quiet/busy while I study)

Does anyone have experience with the A&T Corporate housing? Mainly looking because of the pool, gym, playground and business center. (I have a wife and 2 kids so need things to keep them quiet/busy while I study)
One of my classmates went with A&T Corporate housing, I went with Corporate Housing Solutions. Both have apartments at Anatole. I highly recommend to terminal students. Got a good amount of use at the gym and never ran into anybody there. My class also used the pool area to grill towards the end of our time there.

Had classmates that stayed at the Residence Inn, our class went over there to use the pool and study in their conference room a couple times. Seem to be a nice situation for them from what they told me.

Going to RTF in Aug.... Any recommendations for hotels... Looking for a place with a kitchen.

Bonboy points deal at Marriott Residence Inns a pretty good program
So how does this work with the long term per diem rate? On E2 it says residence inn downtown is 104.00 per night. So does that mean both my per diem and meal money is going to my stay? Again this is way different than 2014 so sorry for the dumb question lol

So how does this work with the long term per diem rate? On E2 it says residence inn downtown is 104.00 per night. So does that mean both my per diem and meal money is going to my stay? Again this is way different than 2014 so sorry for the dumb question lol
Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, but if you stay at a ‘non-approved’ housing provider like Kim’s, where the FAA pays her directly, you just get your per diem and use it as you like. Residence Inn doesn’t care, or even know about the FAA. But again, the Bonvoy points program is very good

Back
Top Bottom