Housing

Was there anything you guys wish you had asked if the units had? Trying to make a list of items to bring but don't want to overpack/buy stuff I already have at home.

Was there anything you guys wish you had asked if the units had? Trying to make a list of items to bring but don't want to overpack/buy stuff I already have at home.
Not sure if you are asking about anatole or Kim's, but for anatole Id ask for some peace and quiet. I think the people above me had a full size wrestling ring installed and were hosting all the WWF events since they couldnt play in arenas due to Covid. Im a deep sleeper so I was fine, but a light sleeper would have been miserable,

I'm thinking of going to Anatole because I think I'd prefer to live alone (never lived with roommates). Besides that, and what sounds like the properties are nicer, is there any benefit to Anatole over Kim's Place? The food shopping list sounds pretty attractive but other than that, just wondering what people liked about Anatole over Kim's place
I'm a month ahead of you (2/25 enroute basics). I was planning on Anatole but they have a wait list up to the end of May at the moment. Trying to work it out with Kim but its busy there too. Call either one youre leaning towards and see there availability! You should try to reserve a place ASAP

I'm a month ahead of you (2/25 enroute basics). I was planning on Anatole but they have a wait list up to the end of May at the moment. Trying to work it out with Kim but its busy there too. Call either one youre leaning towards and see there availability! You should try to reserve a place ASAP
I can’t believe they are so full with the academy at limited capacity.

I can’t believe they are so full with the academy at limited capacity.
Even when you charge the FAA over 2X the actual rent/mortgage its hard to keep afloat when there are government shutdowns and covid keeping your units closed for a good chunk of the last few years. I heard some of the Anatole providers didn't renew some of their leases.

Just read through all six pages, thank you to everyone for sharing so much information! I'm asking as it relates to scheduling a place to stay once in OK, about how long has the wait been between finishing online basics and getting to OK? I have a 6/17 en route start date and am trying to figure out if I'll be in OK in mid-late July or August.

Does every lodging option on the FAA site accept the per diem rate?

Also, on the list it says the Residence Inn (OKC Airport) is offering “short term” lodging. Is that true or just hasn’t been updated and long term is available too?
I just called the Residence Inn, they said they charge $104/night and won't go down to the per diem amount so that sucks.

From what I saw, the candlewood suites and residence inn have kitchens. Hilton embassy suites doesn't have a kitchen. I'm gonna be mostly cooking out of my pressure cooker and cast iron skillet so yeah a kitchen and sink were important to me as well.

I went with the residence inn because that brand is higher quality than the others listed, plus the property was built in 2018 so its a quite a bit more modern than the others. The others seem a bit too homey to me if that makes sense. The lady I spoke with said she had her own personal conference room in the hotel that students could use to study - but I'm bringing my car so if the people in my class end up being at kims or something then I don't mind driving over to study. Plus after I saw those room pictures I was like yea I'm staying here

Furthermore, you can rack up free marriott points and tier status. Membership Levels & Benefits | Elite Status | Marriott Bonvoy

Terminal is > 50 days which will take anyone to platinum, enroute is > 75 so it's automatic titanium. If you're staying at intl properties they almost always give you some nice room upgrades. I've gotten some upgrades in the US about half the time if I ask nicely. Plus the executive lounge access is great

For people that don't mind not having a kitchen hilton only requires 30 nights to get to their top tier Hilton Honors Member Benefits

If you wanna do this I'd sign up for a membership account for free and get your membership number before you call the hotel person that way they can attach your number to the reservation
Did the Residence Inn accept just the per diem or did they charge you the difference? When I called the operator said that they would charge the full $104/night amount. Just trying to figure this whole thing out.

I just called the Residence Inn, they said they charge $104/night and won't go down to the per diem amount so that sucks.

Did the Residence Inn accept just the per diem or did they charge you the difference? When I called the operator said that they would charge the full $104/night amount. Just trying to figure this whole thing out.
I would speak to a manager on duty and see if that helps.

call cindy farney on the housing page. shes like a direct rep for the company that actually owns the hotel so she can create a reservation at the per diem rate

I've sais this before. Wyndham is another option. No kitchen but they give you a car with the perdiem. Also free breakfast, free taco Tuesday. Happy hour and decent restaurant menu.

I've sais this before. Wyndham is another option. No kitchen but they give you a car with the perdiem. Also free breakfast, free taco Tuesday. Happy hour and decent restaurant menu.
I appreciate that. A kitchen is necessary for me and I'll have my car so I don't need a rental. Still really good info for others though!

Wow, Cindy is very responsive! Thank you for pointing that out to me. Have you stayed at the Residence Inn already? I'm wondering how beneficial the reward points really are.
yeah shes super chill lol, ill be in okc in the summer but I've stayed at residence inns around the country they've always been exceptional for me

as for the reward points they are dope, try reading this The award traveler's guide to Marriott Bonvoy - The Points Guy

this one actually breaks everything down and assigns $ value to each perk What is Marriott Bonvoy elite status worth in 2021? - The Points Guy

the 5 suite night awards means you can book a cheapo room somewhere and then bust out one of those and they'll upgrade you to a fancy suite (I've read accounts of presidential suites too in some touristy overseas destinations). seeing as you're enroute that puts you there long enough to get titanium which is apparently worth 5k according to the website lol

Last edited:
yeah shes super chill lol, ill be in okc in the summer but I've stayed at residence inns around the country they've always been exceptional for me

as for the reward points they are dope, try reading this The award traveler's guide to Marriott Bonvoy - The Points Guy

this one actually breaks everything down and assigns $ value to each perk What is Marriott Bonvoy elite status worth in 2021? - The Points Guy

the 5 suite night awards means you can book a cheapo room somewhere and then bust out one of those and they'll upgrade you to a fancy suite (I've read accounts of presidential suites too in some touristy overseas destinations). seeing as you're enroute that puts you there long enough to get titanium which is apparently worth 5k according to the website lol
This is very helpful, thank you so much!

If anyone has any questions about Kim's, let me know! Currently here now with my whole class. If you cook, bring your own chefs knife...

Back
Top Bottom