Is RTF still pass/pass for current employees?

gmonie

FAA
Facility
SLC Salt Lake City Tower
When I went to RTF a few years ago it was pass/pass for current employees, but another controller going soon heard a rumor that it is pass/fail now. Is this true? I cant find any info on this anywhere else.

Could they theoretically “fail” you but you don’t lose your job you just get washed out?

like you’re expected to pass rtf in order to start training.

Could they theoretically “fail” you but you don’t lose your job you just get washed out?

like you’re expected to pass rtf in order to start training.

An ATM/FLM could see an RTF failure as a training issue leading towards a training suspension.

I went through RTF this past spring and it was still pass/pass, one change right after I got back though, at least for my facility, you can fail the classroom training if a sup fails you on a simulated run. Not sure if every facility works the same way, but I had 10 simulated runs and 2 evals with a sup after I got back from RTF, and before I worked live traffic.

I went through RTF this past spring and it was still pass/pass, one change right after I got back though, at least for my facility, you can fail the classroom training if a sup fails you on a simulated run. Not sure if every facility works the same way, but I had 10 simulated runs and 2 evals with a sup after I got back from RTF, and before I worked live traffic.
That’s in the national training order but the graded evals are like the TETRA grade systems with the “+” and “-“ and 70 is passing.

An ATM/FLM could see an RTF failure as a training issue leading towards a training suspension.
They could use that as a BS excuse toward suspending your training down the road maybe, but finishing RTF with a “unsatisfactory” score (failing) is not supposed to prevent you from starting facility training.

They could use that as a BS excuse toward suspending your training down the road maybe, but finishing RTF with a “unsatisfactory” score (failing) is not supposed to prevent you from starting facility training.

Hence "training issue leading towards a training suspension"...

Back
Top Bottom