June pay raise?

What did he do for/at N90?
25% CIP. $3000 bonuses. Both were stupid and put the broader union in a bad spot. It made a lot of controllers who have equally crappy working conditions angry. It said to the FAA that N90 needs to be bribed to certify people. Who knows what was going on behind the scenes at high level NATCA. From the outside it looks like Dean was the puppet master with his arm all the way up inside Paul. Whatever happened, we've been sold out.

You're 100% right on. Dean is behind NCEPT and the ridiculous contract extension. How is our union money being used to pay him more than any controller in the NAS? He's a destructive force at this point. He's was great for N90, but has been a disaster for the broader union.

Gonna need some spritzer! ???

giphy.gif

And work 8-5 no weekends no holidays? 5 days a week?
Wait now we are complaining about our schedule? This is a joke right?

You too can have a m-f job. Those jobs exist and you are in fact qualified for them. You won’t make 227, but you can make what you make now minus diffs and have every holiday and weekend off.

But no apparently we want whatever fucking schedule we want and get paid without doing anything extra. So foolish.

Last edited:
Hundreds of controllers make more than 227k.
You are incorrect sir. Pay rates for FAA employees, including locality pay, are capped by law at $203,700 — the rate for level II of the Executive Schedule (P.L. 104-264 paragraph 40122 c). I make more than Dean's base pay as well each year. He has a base pay in excess of every controller in the NAS. Don't forget the NATCA credit card he has that we all pay for.

Wait now we are complying about our schedule? This is a joke right?

You too can have a m-f job. Those jobs exist and you are in fact qualified for them. You won’t make 227, but you can make what you make now minus diffs and have every holiday and weekend off.

But no apparently we want whatever fucking schedule we want and get paid without doing anything extra. So foolish.
im not complaining about the schedule. this is the fact he makes 227k a year, with m-f and no holidays. sure everyone can make 227k plus, but they're working holidays, nights/mids and overtime.
Hundreds of controllers make more than 227k.
and don't get me wrong, I agree that a lot of controllers do make that much, but they work nights/holidays/overtime for it.

im not complaining about the schedule. this is the fact he makes 227k a year, with m-f and no holidays. sure everyone can make 227k plus, but they're working holidays, nights/mids and overtime.

and don't get me wrong, I agree that a lot of controllers do make that much, but they work nights/holidays/overtime for it.
Without the work of unions you wouldn’t get paid a shit ton extra to work those nights and holidays and overtimes.

Without the work of unions you wouldn’t get paid a shit ton extra to work those nights and holidays and overtimes.
I'm a strong supporter of NATCA. Don't equate support for NATCA with support for the current people running it. Those are two completely separate things. This is your union. This is our union. I currently don't see the people at the top representing our interests. Be loyal to the organization (your brothers and sisters). Sometimes that means fighting against the people running the organization you care about.

Hahahaha which special pay rate do we get for nights, holidays, ot, and Sundays that the rest of the non-unionized government doesn't get?
I meant unions in general a long time ago fought for those benefits. There are many cops in non unionized states who don’t get those things. They are the government despite many of them hating the government.

I'm a strong supporter of NATCA. Don't equate support for NATCA with support for the current people running it. Those are two completely separate things. This is your union. This is our union. I currently don't see the people at the top representing our interests. Be loyal to the organization (your brothers and sisters). Sometimes that means fighting against the people running the organization you care about.
Really I didn’t know? Thanks for the clarification. I’m all for healthy skeptisicim. But to the poster who said he makes more than any controllers base is niave. We make more than that, and it’s only written that way so the public doesn’t complain when they realize we are able to make more than 230 plus. And if you think Dean is over using his Natca credit card how many local shitheads don’t do any fucking work on their 8 hours meant for union work and go play golf instead. Many complain but then do the same. I’m not excusing it. I’m just saying. I support you not liking his work, or what he does for the union, but he works way more than most do. We could have better leaders sure but don’t say he doesn’t earn that much money based strictly on the time commitment alone. You’d expect the same amount once you realize how many emails he problem gets. You can handle checking your cedar

I meant unions in general a long time ago fought for those benefits. There are many cops in non unionized states who don’t get those things. They are the government despite many of them hating the government.

Really I didn’t know? Thanks for the clarification. I’m all for healthy skeptisicim. But to the poster who said he makes more than any controllers base is niave. We make more than that, and it’s only written that way so the public doesn’t complain when they realize we are able to make more than 230 plus. And if you think Dean is over using his Natca credit card how many local shitheads don’t do any fucking work on their 8 hours meant for union work and go play golf instead. Many complain but then do the same. I’m not excusing it. I’m just saying. I support you not liking his work, or what he does for the union, but he works way more than most do. We could have better leaders sure but don’t say he doesn’t earn that much money based strictly on the time commitment alone. You’d expect the same amount once you realize how many emails he problem gets. You can handle checking your cedar
I would agree that Dean works harder than me and most, if not all people in the union. The problem is he's worked hard for a narrow slice of the union, or helped in policies and decisions that have been destructive to the larger group.

Last edited:
You are incorrect sir. Pay rates for FAA employees, including locality pay, are capped by law at $203,700 — the rate for level II of the Executive Schedule (P.L. 104-264 paragraph 40122 c). I make more than Dean's base pay as well each year. He has a base pay in excess of every controller in the NAS. Don't forget the NATCA credit card he has that we all pay for.
Are you not a controller? Add 50k in diffs.
If you work an office job your base salary is your gross salary. If you’re a controller your gross salary is way more. Especially if you’re at a facility that gets to the congressional cap because it works off %

Are you not a controller? Add 50k in diffs.
If you work an office job your base salary is your gross salary. If you’re a controller your gross salary is way more. Especially if you’re at a facility that gets to the congressional cap because it works off %
Did you miss the part where I stated I make more than Dean? Those differentials are to compensate for the additional pain experienced to make them. Compare apples to apples. He makes more than any controller.

Did you miss the part where I stated I make more than Dean? Those differentials are to compensate for the additional pain experienced to make them. Compare apples to apples. He makes more than any controller.
You’re right, gross salary doesn’t count. We should be taxed on our base. Gross to gross is apples to apples.

You’re right, gross salary doesn’t count. We should be taxed on our base.
Yes. I am right. Gross has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I don't know what relationship you have with the guy, but you seem to be playing mental gymnastics to defend him. Be loyal to the organization. Not the shadow president running it.

Last edited:
Yes. I am right. Gross has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I don't know what relationship you have with the guy, but you seem to be playing metal gymnastics to defend him. Be loyal to the organization. Not the shadow president running it.
Has nothing to do with Dean. Obviously gross has nothing to do with your point and my point is your point is make believe. You’re comparing base pays to create a false narrative. You make your gross salary. Base is not relevant. You could just say you think he’s overpaid like the other guy said. But he doesn’t make more than controllers.

Has nothing to do with Dean. Obviously gross has nothing to do with your point and my point is your point is make believe. You’re comparing base pays to create a false narrative. You make your gross salary. Base is not relevant. You could just say you think he’s overpaid like the other guy said. But he doesn’t make more than controllers.
My point is completely based on working in the real world. I understand everything you're saying. I'm sorry you don't understand anything I'm saying.

Back
Top Bottom