Local MOU's

Jennifer E

FAA
Facility
ZOA Oakland Center
We are in the process of bidding and I asked the NATCA members in charge of the bidding if I could get a copy of the new bidding mou. First member said they didn't have it. Second member said they asked the facrep if they could give it to me and was told no.

So my question is...how much access should natca members have to the local mou's? Honestly, I have never seen a single local mou and I am at a fairly large facility. Is this normal?

How can you abide by the terms of the MOU if you have no idea what the terms are? That is really unusual.

Yes, I have been a member since I joined the FAA. I messaged my facrep directly and they said no again but I was given the reason that it's under agency review. Seems weird we could get briefed on it and bid with it under review but I can't read it.

Yes, I have been a member since I joined the FAA. I messaged my facrep directly and they said no again but I was given the reason that it's under agency review. Seems weird we could get briefed on it and bid with it under review but I can't read it.

But you have been briefed on the unsigned mou, and you are bidding your schedule?

Yes, we have been briefed on the mou. No where in the briefing were there actual copies of the mou, just a summary of important parts. There are some confusing parts to me so I asked to read the mou for myself. That is when I was denied. I wanted to read the specific wording on developmentals and their leave calendar.

Yeah.. they can’t keep it from you. Go above the facrep.

Edit: The final version, not one that's in negotiation. How are you supposed to be bidding when the rules aren't established? ??‍♂️

Yes, we have been briefed on the mou. No where in the briefing were there actual copies of the mou, just a summary of important parts. There are some confusing parts to me so I asked to read the mou for myself. That is when I was denied. I wanted to read the specific wording on developmentals and their leave calendar.

Are you as a developmental bidding leave with the cpc’s?

Are you as a developmental bidding leave with the cpc’s?
No, I am a CPC. We are bidding separate this year for the first time and I wanted to see how they define a developmental vs CPC. Our facility allows us to bid outside of Prime Time Leave in the first round so I am concerned that I could potentially bid for a day and not get it while a Dev who is used for staffing (2 high sector d-sides) gets it guaranteed because they are on a different calendar.

I am not accustomed to bidding the leave this way so I wanted to read it to maximize my strategy for bidding time off.

You should have full access to the MOU. How else will you know and understand the rights that have been “bargained” for you. Even if you weren’t a member you still have a right to it as a BUE. If all else fails ask a SUP for it. It is an agreement between NATCA and Management so they’ll have a copy.

At my last facility, all the local MOU's were in a binder on a bookshelf in a copy room. You could look at them as much as you wanted to but it wasn't necessarily advertised where this binder was. I would say less than 10% of the facility knew where the local MOU's were if they wanted to read them.

I ended up having to ask two separate managers but I managed to get copy. So far every Natca member I have asked has refused. I have been told that the mou was sent back as unacceptable from the review so I don't know what's going to happen. I talked to an e-board member and he said I have a recourse (filing a grievance) if the bidding is done wrong so not to worry about having the mou before bidding.

Has bidding actually started? Have you bid RDOs, leave? How is that even possible when the mous were not deemed to be acceptable? Maybe you are having trouble getting it because it hasn’t been finalized?

We just finished round 1 of bidding. First two weeks of leave and rdos. I have no idea how we are bidding without it being accepted and members allowed to see it. Maybe the facrep has decided to just get the bidding done and fix it later if need be? It still seems odd to me.

I am trying to bring back a program we had in the past and I need my facrep to sign off on it so I can't really go to the rvp at the moment without potentially killing my pet project.

I was told in the past that some members would refuse to bid until they had the mou in hand but now we are being told we will be skipped if you don't bid in your allotted time slot.

We just finished round 1 of bidding. First two weeks of leave and rdos. I have no idea how we are bidding without it being accepted and members allowed to see it. Maybe the facrep has decided to just get the bidding done and fix it later if need be? It still seems odd to me.

I am trying to bring back a program we had in the past and I need my facrep to sign off on it so I can't really go to the rvp at the moment without potentially killing my pet project.

I was told in the past that some members would refuse to bid until they had the mou in hand but now we are being told we will be skipped if you don't bid in your allotted time slot.

What exactly are you looking to get clarity on then? Nearly every reply has stated that this is not normal or okay. If this is actually occurring exactly as how you are describing it, I have no idea how you or anyone at your facility can find it as acceptable.

Back
Top Bottom