Medical (blood pressure medication)

Murph

Im currently on meds(lisinaprol) for my blood pressure. Will they hold me back on that? Ive got it under the requirements just afraid once im in office ill get a case of the white coat and it goes up.

Also, ive read that they will decline based on financial history. Any truth to that?

Thank you for quick reply btw

Im currently on meds(lisinaprol) for my blood pressure. Will they hold me back on that? Ive got it under the requirements just afraid once im in office ill get a case of the white coat and it goes up.

Also, ive read that they will decline based on financial history. Any truth to that?

Sorry bro, I have no clue on the high blood or any medical issue to that matter..........Its all up to the flight surgeon and whatever standards he is using (which I have nothing to quote as far as the regs or guidelines go). As far as the financial history, thats all up to security. I don't know whats disqualifying. I had financial issues in the past. a long long time ago, but I told the truth, explained everything, and it all turned out great. Now I am highly conscious of payments and credit and what not.

Again, I dont know what they allow or reject, this is just what I have been thorugh.

Sorry bro, I have no clue on the high blood or any medical issue to that matter..........Its all up to the flight surgeon and whatever standards he is using (which I have nothing to quote as far as the regs or guidelines go). As far as the financial history, thats all up to security. I don't know whats disqualifying. I had financial issues in the past. a long long time ago, but I told the truth, explained everything, and it all turned out great. Now I am highly conscious of payments and credit and what not.

Again, I dont know what they allow or reject, this is just what I have been thorugh.

Ok, thank you for the info. Good luck to you in class.

TOL 1/13/2017: Terminal 10 Pt. Vet
Turned in paperwork same day
Received Confirmation 1/17/2017
CIL Received 2/06/2017
MMPI taken on 02/08/2017
Security completed 02/09/2017
Aerospace medicine contacted 02/15/2017
Drug Test 02/24/2017
Medical Exam: 03/08/2017
TOLD MED WAS CLEARED 03/09/2017
FOL 03/14/2017
CLASS DATE 04/11/2017

(By The Way if you have never gone through the medical exam please note that the EKG is a resting EKG and not the one where you go on the treadmill. So you do not have to bring extra close as I did lol)

I asked the AME if there was anything wrong. He said no and if I wanted a 1st class medical I can get one.

Ask the AME's assistant when my medical would be sent in. She said by the end of the day if not for sure by the end of this week.
You can take your drug test more than 5 days from your medical?

Yes bbut it is not recommended just in case your medical takes longer than it should because that drug test expires in 6 months after taking it. I was fortunate to have my medical all cleared right away so it was not an issue taking the drug test more than 5 days out........

they cannot and do not test for heart meds so don't tell them. the urine sample is for liver function. i have not said anything for years

Lisinopril is not a disqualifying medication.

You can get a medical on lisinaprol just have to have a few blood pressure checks. Always better off to report it from the start!

I take Lisinopril after seeing my personal family doctor. It had been climbing for a few years and asked to be placed on something under my own request. I lost my medical until I had 3 blood pressure readings on 3 separate days. After that, they gave me my medical back as soon as I sent the form back to the flight surgeon.

Back
Top Bottom