Mick Devine - "Bro, Why Have You Been Bashing the Contract?" Plus, let's talk NTI...

Cares about pay when can use it as a barb at jamaal but never brought up pay in all those years as RVP

"All those years" is literally a little over 5 years. He got elected August 2018. We went into COVID and get 5 on 5 off, or 5 on 10 off for many facilities. No one was complaining about pay then. I think people severely underestimate how easily the FAA and Congress could have shit on us for working half the time and getting paid full time while many people lost their jobs. Not to include those that just sat at home collecting a pay check. My wife is in health care and had to go to peoples homes during the height of it. You know what thanks she got? Pay cuts. All the therapists and nurses. I honestly think most of you have a disconnect from reality to what real life is like outside of this career field. Most people I've talked to are shocked with how much we get. Then you tell them about our breaks, leave, sick leave. Public good will could be lost easily yet none of you care or even think long term. Eventually we're going to fly too close to the sun and get privatized and a lot of you will realize how good we had it.

As for candidates, I have no idea who to honestly vote for. I basically view it like this:

Rich Santa: Politician, hand picked and hasn't really done much that wasn't already going to be done for federal employees. He's been a part of the many "L's" NATCA has taken over the years. (NCEPT and NTI mainly).

Nick Daniels: Met him and Jamaal. Didn't talk to him much. Don't know how long he's been in his position. Seemed like an ok dude but could be just as much a problem with NATCA National as Rich Santa for all I know.

Jamaal Haltom: Gives good answers. I think the NTI has done nothing but hurt us overall and I put some of that blame on him.

Mick Devine: His one video shitting on contract towers was dumb. He tried to backtrack a few days later. He gives good answers to the questions I've had but who knows if he follows through.

Back
Top Bottom