Missing F35

So according to my brother, they have a DFIRS.

Deployable Flight Recorder

So essentially it is a combined flight data recorder (FDR), cockpit voice recorder (CVR) and emergency locator transmitter (ELT) designed to provide instantaneous alert and accurate location of a downed aircraft, assist in the speedy rescue of survivors, aid in the recovery of the aircraft and assure timely recovery of vital accident investigation data.

Well that may not help in this instance then since deployable fr’s seperate frkm the aircraft when it detects the start of a crash. If that means it automatically deploys at ejection, well that doesn’t help when the plane keeps flying

Civilian ELT’s (depending which is installed) broadcast on 243.0 as well. And like I said, they use a rescue beacon that’s located in the ejection seat. Don’t need an ELT in the airframe when there’s one in the seat already, and it’s more important to find the pilot than the plane usually.
Good point

Oddly enough I’ve heard more ELTs on 243.0 than the vhf in the last year. And one they said was a southwest parked at the gate lol.

Looks like they found a debris field and the pilot was recovered after ejecting.

Last edited:
Oddly enough I’ve heard more ELTs on 243.0 than the vhf in the last year. And one they said was a southwest parked at the gate lol.

They stopped selling ELT’s that broadcast on 121.5 a while ago. They broadcast on 243.0 and 406mhz for satellite tracking now.

f29777c2ca749f0840c2961f3669c5e5.png

Back
Top Bottom