Missing F35

Yeah, but no transponder, no ELT, no delta pilot looking out their window relaying “yup I see a derelict F35 right off my left”?

Some farmer in SW North Carolina just got the most efficient crop duster known to man and has that shit hiding in a barn out back.

Depending what they were doing they may not have had their transponders on and don’t think mil aircraft have ELT’s (they have something in the ejection seat but it stays with the seat)

I could be misremembering but we used to get ELTs that were only going off on 243.0
We got ELTs from the ramp all the time. Could just be the maintainers messing with the seat ELTs though. Lemme ask my brother, he’s a maintainer actually.

I could be misremembering but we used to get ELTs that were only going off on 243.0

Civilian ELT’s (depending which is installed) broadcast on 243.0 as well. And like I said, they use a rescue beacon that’s located in the ejection seat. Don’t need an ELT in the airframe when there’s one in the seat already, and it’s more important to find the pilot than the plane usually.

Interesting, we used to get them on just 243.0 and not 121.5. But I don't know shit

They were probsbly broadcasting on both but the VHF/UHF frequencies have different characteristics which means you may hear one and not the other

So according to my brother, they have a DFIRS.

Deployable Flight Recorder

So essentially it is a combined flight data recorder (FDR), cockpit voice recorder (CVR) and emergency locator transmitter (ELT) designed to provide instantaneous alert and accurate location of a downed aircraft, assist in the speedy rescue of survivors, aid in the recovery of the aircraft and assure timely recovery of vital accident investigation data.

Back
Top Bottom