MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

For those of you wondering what to expect at the psychologist evaluation I'm going to share my recollection of events the best I can.

Mine took total of 10 hours because I had to drive 2.5 hours out to the appointment.
5 hours for comminute. (2.5 hours there and 2.5 hours back)
5 hours appointment. (Interview and 3 tests)

1) First you will have an interview with your psychologist. He will ask you lots of questions with regards to your personal history from the time you were born to current event. (Young age abuse, family trauma, alcohol or drug abuse, etc.)
2) After he goes through all of that, he will go over the questions that were questionable on the original MMPI exam based on how you answered and will let you comment on why you answered the way you did. They can't way in one way or the other as far as if it is right or wrong answer because they have to stay neutral. They just read the question and your answer and you answer.
3) You will take 3 tests.
1 Test is about 400 questions. On this test you read each statement and respond. Based on each statement you will circle one choice: False, Slightly True, Mainly True, Very True.
2nd test is about 200 questions. True/False
3rd test is MMPI test again 576 questions. The same test as the 1st MMPI and True/False.

That about sums it up. Just be honest when you talk to your psychologist and try not leave anything out as if you are trying to hide something. That's the best advice I can give you. I probably shared more information with him than I needed to but I overanalyze thing all the time so I can't help it lol. :)

About 5 months post appointment.
Thank you for sharing. I guess it all depends on who you get and how your specific process goes. Someone else also told me that it was only 2 to 3 months after the appointment. In my personal experience, I was able to schedule my psychological evaluation 4 days away after I got my psychologist information even though the email said you won't get anything for 30 - 45 days at the earliest.

So I had my psych eval on 4/20/23 and I just got an email saying that the “FAA psychologist is performing the final review at this time” and they basically gave me steps to update my medical.

Should I take this as reassurance that I’ve cleared or is this standard practice for everyone?

Did anyone have an issue logging in to EODS?

I was Tier 2 due to MMPI.
Three weeks ago they called saying “congratulations, your psychological eval came back positive and you are ready to move on with the hiring process.”

I did the updated medical, the drug test refresher, emailed my updated resume.

Here’s the problem:
I can not access the EODS website to save my life. EODS was migrated to where you must create a Login dot Gov account to login and sign your hiring paperwork.
But I already have a Login dot Gov account that I use to log in to USAJOBS.
When I try to log in, it says “unauthorized access contact your rep…”

But my rep won’t do anything other than send me a new link. I told her I could delete my account and open a new one, I could provide a different email, I could email or fax whatever I need to sign there, or anything else she could think of because those links are not working. She stopped replying to my emails last week.

Last edited:
Are you on a computer or a phone? I don't know this for sure but I would occasionally login on one and get that error message and then try on the other and then I was ok.

Are you on a computer or a phone? I don't know this for sure but I would occasionally login on one and get that error message and then try on the other and then I was ok.
Computer, Iphone, iPad, Laptop, & different browsers. I can't get in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom