MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

FYI a few of us already received the questionnaire for psychologist and soon should be seeing the appointment with psychologist. One guy I was talking to got his psychologist already selected for him on 5/1.

FYI a few of us already received the questionnaire for psychologist and soon should be seeing the appointment with psychologist. One guy I was talking to got his psychologist already selected for him on 5/1.
How long since you found out you were Tier 2 or forwarded for coordination?

How long since you found out you were Tier 2 or forwarded for coordination?
Here is my timeline: Applied OTS pool 2 07/30/21 | ATSA Invite 10/8/21 | ATSA Test 11/10/21 | BQ Referred 12/18/21 | TOL 01/31/22 TOL signed 1/31/22 Receipt confirmation 2/1/22 | EODS 2/5/22 | EODS Approved 2/7/22 | CIL 2/12/22| Security Email 2/14/22| Fingerprints: 2/15/22| Submitted All Security Docs 3/1/22| Medxpress 2/16/22| MMPI 2/22/22| Medical 3/9/22| Drug Test 3/1/22 | eQUIP 2/28/22| eQUIP corrections and resubmit 3/1/22 Informed of Conditional Security Clearance 3/9/22 | Unofficial Tier 2 notice 3/23/22 | Official Tier 2 notice 3/23/22 | Address/File reviewed and in line for Tier 2 eval 05/11/22 | Tier 2 Evaluation Pending | Security Interview | Medical Clearance | Class Date |

I got my questionnaire on 4-28-23 but haven't received selected psychologist yet. The other guy got his health questionnaire 3/22/23 and on 5/1/23 got his psychologist and should get his dates soon for appointment. Basing it on that, I have 4 or 5 weeks before I should get my psychologist. I know it's not realistic to think that way as there is no rhyme or reason to how they do things in FAA. At least you can kind of guestimate.

I’m two years deep, and I had my psych eval last September.
I haven’t heard anything since and I’m getting annoyed with all the news articles about how badly the FAA needs people. I also bought a house last year and don’t want to move. Also, losing my class II over some backwards nonsense would mean financial ruin.

Has anybody quit the tier 2 process?
I wish to get out of this.

I haven’t heard anything since and I’m getting annoyed with all the news articles about how badly the FAA needs people. I also bought a house last year and don’t want to move. Also, losing my class II over some backwards nonsense would mean financial ruin.

Contact your HR rep

It may be already too late. A guy in here a while ago was given an option to retract his app because he was at an fct and it was going to risk his class 2 if he proceeded and then subsequently dq'd.

Stick it out until they tell you you are disqualified.

I’m almost positive I hold the record for time between TOL and FOL. 5 1/2 years. That Tier 2 thing was a nightmare. COVID didn’t help either.

I’m almost positive I hold the record for time between TOL and FOL. 5 1/2 years. That Tier 2 thing was a nightmare. COVID didn’t help either.
It's truly a miracle. 3 years and 5 months after I initially applied I finally got my Tier 2 appointment. What a back asswards process. Aged out during the process. That should not be okay lol. Hopefully the appointment goes well. 5 1/2 years is insanity. I mean I've essentially given up I don't know how you didn't.

Here is my timeline: Applied OTS pool 2 07/30/21 | ATSA Invite 10/8/21 | ATSA Test 11/10/21 | BQ Referred 12/18/21 | TOL 01/31/22 TOL signed 1/31/22 Receipt confirmation 2/1/22 | EODS 2/5/22 | EODS Approved 2/7/22 | CIL 2/12/22| Security Email 2/14/22| Fingerprints: 2/15/22| Submitted All Security Docs 3/1/22| Medxpress 2/16/22| MMPI 2/22/22| Medical 3/9/22| Drug Test 3/1/22 | eQUIP 2/28/22| eQUIP corrections and resubmit 3/1/22 Informed of Conditional Security Clearance 3/9/22 | Unofficial Tier 2 notice 3/23/22 | Official Tier 2 notice 3/23/22 | Address/File reviewed and in line for Tier 2 eval 05/11/22 | Tier 2 Evaluation Pending | Security Interview | Medical Clearance | Class Date |

I got my questionnaire on 4-28-23 but haven't received selected psychologist yet. The other guy got his health questionnaire 3/22/23 and on 5/1/23 got his psychologist and should get his dates soon for appointment. Basing it on that, I have 4 or 5 weeks before I should get my psychologist. I know it's not realistic to think that way as there is no rhyme or reason to how they do things in FAA. At least you can kind of guestimate.
Just to continue the reference train, I received my health questionaire 3/22/23. Got my doctor information May 4th.

Yeah, I have to stick it out.
I told the HR rep I wanted out of this now and her reply was that if I got cleared, I would have the chance to accept or decline my offer then.

What's the health questionnaire?
That is what is what you receive before you get your psychologist information to schedule. It just asks you some questions to make sure whether or not you had any changes since your medical examination.

Yeah, I have to stick it out.
I told the HR rep I wanted out of this now and her reply was that if I got cleared, I would have the chance to accept or decline my offer then.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there.

That is what is what you receive before you get your psychologist information to schedule. It just asks you some questions to make sure whether or not you had any changes since your medical examination.
Oh, my HR poc sent me 3rd class medical and asked if anything had

Anyone who has gone to psychological appointment can share their experience and what to expect?
Mine was about 3 hours, most of it was just test taking and waiting. The pysch will ask you about your and goals etc. They'll also asks about questions that gave them red flags. Some of those questions are probably ones you accidently answered wrong or just misread. One of my questions was; "Do you hear a buzzing in your ears?" I answered yes to that one and the psych asked me why and I told him it was because I have tinnitus in my right ear. You retake the MMPI and another exam.

Mine was about 3 hours, most of it was just test taking and waiting. The pysch will ask you about your and goals etc. They'll also asks about questions that gave them red flags. Some of those questions are probably ones you accidently answered wrong or just misread. One of my questions was; "Do you hear a buzzing in your ears?" I answered yes to that one and the psych asked me why and I told him it was because I have tinnitus in my right ear. You retake the MMPI and another exam.
Sounds pretty straight forward. When was your evaluation and did you hear back already on the results?

Back
Top Bottom