MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

Does anyone really know why Tier 2 takes so long? It just doesn't seem that complicated...
It's the government so they find a way to make it complicated. But jokes aside, it seems in actuality the Tier 2 employees probably have other projects they work on that are unrelated to Tier 2 new hires, so we're most likely low on their priority list, meaning they work on our cases when they feel like it. Also, a lot of the psychs they use are booked very far out, and that's with most of the mental health industry in general

It's the government so they find a way to make it complicated. But jokes aside, it seems in actuality the Tier 2 employees probably have other projects they work on that are unrelated to Tier 2 new hires, so we're most likely low on their priority list, meaning they work on our cases when they feel like it. Also, a lot of the psychs they use are booked very far out, and that's with most of the mental health industry in general
Yeah that's what I figured. I wish they prioritized by bid.

I’m sure it’s answered somewhere on here but I’m curious. Is it often that an applicant passes the MMPI and gets tier 2’d? I’ve noticed a lot of veterans talk about tier 2, is it safe to say they want an in depth review of records etc?

I’m sure it’s answered somewhere on here but I’m curious. Is it often that an applicant passes the MMPI and gets tier 2’d? I’ve noticed a lot of veterans talk about tier 2, is it safe to say they want an in depth review of records etc?
From what I've seen, pretty much anyone who was part of the military gets tier 2'd

From what I've seen, pretty much anyone who was part of the military gets tier 2'd
Not all of us, but it does seem like we have a higher chance of it. For reference, 6 of my prior coworkers and myself got picked up on the ‘21 prior exp bid. 4 had no problems and are working at their facilities already, 3 of us got tier 2’d. It’s tough.

So I got my confirmation of coordination on Sept 23. I still haven't been given a tier 2 provider despite the 45-day window they state. I emailed hope back in early January and got a response that they were still working on it. Should I be concerned?

So I got my confirmation of coordination on Sept 23. I still haven't been given a tier 2 provider despite the 45-day window they state. I emailed hope back in early January and got a response that they were still working on it. Should I be concerned?
No, I received my coordination email May 23rd. Others have been waiting longer than that. It does seem that the process is moving along at a decent speed now however.

It's entirely possible to clear Tier 2 and still get denied a medical clearance, correct?
Define clear. Who’s clearing it? Because your psych could say you’re a good fit. But they don’t have final say. The FS could disqualify you for something they see.

Define clear. Who’s clearing it? Because your psych could say you’re a good fit. But they don’t have final say. The FS could disqualify you for something they see.
RDC emailed me saying I was clear via the head psych.

But okay that's what I thought, I could still get DQ'd lol.

I have my medical exam (had my first one back in 2018 ) scheduled for the end of February. Also waiting on my drug test email to do that as well (did my first one in 2018 ).

Would they have me doing all these things post-clearing tier 2 if the intention was not to give the full medical clearance?

Last edited:
RDC emailed me saying I was clear via the head psych.

But okay that's what I thought, I could still get DQ'd lol.

I have my medical exam (had my first one back in 2018) scheduled for the end of February. Also waiting on my drug test email to do that as well (did my first one in 2018).

Would they have me doing all these things post-clearing tier 2 if the intention was not to give the full medical clearance?
From my experience, they will give you the contacts to schedule all that after clearing psych. I’ve been DQ’d before, and once it was overturned, then they made me do everything that was needed again.

From my experience, they will give you the contacts to schedule all that after clearing psych. I’ve been DQ’d before, and once it was overturned, then they made me do everything that was needed again.
Yeah i have everything scheduled for the end of February, the drug test refresh and an updated med exam.

Damn i'll be distraught to get DQ'd. I've been in this process for almost 5 years.

If you don’t mind me asking what did you do after DQ’d to get it overturned.

If you don’t mind me asking what did you do after DQ’d to get it overturned.
So they give you 15 days to request an appeal from the date you got the DQ letter. Then they’ll give you what you need to do. Mine was MMPI DQ, I took a full on IQ battery test to prove them wrong. It worked in my favor but waited 3 years. Thankfully cost was nothing because of my Heath insurance.

Yeah i have everything scheduled for the end of February, the drug test refresh and an updated med exam.

Damn i'll be distraught to get DQ'd. I've been in this process for almost 5 years.
Damn, 5 years is insane. You gotta be breaking the record with that one.

Back
Top Bottom