MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

That’s not how it works.

your medical POC or HR usually tells you failed that’s what we call a unofficial tier-2 notification because you were notified but that doesn’t mean they’re working on your case

then your medical POC we’ll get your medical file and MMPI-2 test results together and send it to HQ for coordination and then they’ll get you going to set up a exam to see a psych doctor

usually the tier-2 lead HW will email you and tell you you’re tier-2 that’s the “official” tier-2 notification because that means they’re working on your case and trying to find you a doctor.

then the same person HW will email you again and say she found you a doctor and for you to contact that doctor and schedule a appointment then you let her know the date of the appointment

then you do your tier 2 appointment and the doctor makes her report and sends it in then you wait for the same person HW to contact you saying the FAA completed their review and then your medical POC will contact you and tell you if you cleared or not then he gets your file finishes it all up sometimes need a flight surgeon to sign off on it then he’ll send it to your HR when your fully medically cleared then your done on the medical side of things sometimes you’ll need to do a drug test refresh if your process takes really long and security refresh

all of which can potentially take 2+ years but like we have said they’ve gotten a litttle better and a little quicker so for your sake hopefully that’s the case
Thank you very much

I didn’t get one from either. I emailed JR and she told me I failed and it’s going to be 3-6. Then I asked RK when the timeline of me getting the email just to schedule the test. She said 3-6 as well
My medical rep told me to plan on at least eight months when she told me I was going to be going through the Tier 2 process three weeks ago. My plan is to shoot her a message at the six week mark to see if they need anything and if the process is moving along.

My medical rep told me to plan on at least eight months when she told me I was going to be going through the Tier 2 process three weeks ago. My plan is to shoot her a message at the six week mark to see if they need anything and if the process is moving along.
My rule of thumb was to email once a month but not your HR but email your medical POC they’re the ones who help you through this your HR will just forward any medical related emails to your medical POC

Awesome, I will do the same and I’ll keep you posted if I hear anything

Weird, I had no timeline. My medical POC is GW and he just told me to be patient and wait for them to email me. Looking at more recent posts, the average wait time was about 6 months or so

My rule of thumb was to email once a month but not your HR but email your medical POC they’re the ones who help you through this your HR will just forward any medical related emails to your medical POC
I like the once a month idea. On one hand I don't want to be a pain, but on the other it's my potential future livelihood and gets me out of the awful career I'm in now. I did intend to e-mail my medical POC, I figured e-mailing my HR rep would just cause her to have to e-mail someone else.

People will tell you not to do this but you absolutely should do this. Stay on top of them, they aren’t perfect and can’t always remember to do everything. I would go months without hearing anything just to email a quick check in update and then hear something about how a file I sent in needs to be formatted differently or now they need something else. I’d also recommend asking for an email receipt, as proof that they (especially RDC) received an email. I sent him my drivers record and waited 3.5 months before checking in and he responded with “I need your drivers record to go onto the next step”... I wasn’t too happy. Anyways, good luck and stay on top of it.

Yeah he ended up replying, he told me I’m just waiting on a flight surgeon to give my file a final look over to give me the final clearance I’m hoping I have no more hold ups this is literally all I’m waiting on then it’s list time baby

Yeah he ended up replying, he told me I’m just waiting on a flight surgeon to give my file a final look over to give me the final clearance I’m hoping I have no more hold ups this is literally all I’m waiting on then it’s list time baby
Nice! Hoping things go smoothly for you from here on out!

Idk about myself. My medical POC kept asking for things, but I haven't heard from them since last summer, so hoping they don't come back asking for more. I'm afraid to ask because I don't want to poke the bear :rolleyes:

Nice! Hoping things go smoothly for you from here on out!

Idk about myself. My medical POC kept asking for things, but I haven't heard from them since last summer, so hoping they don't come back asking for more. I'm afraid to ask because I don't want to poke the bear :rolleyes:
Been there done that, good luck!

My medical POC told me I was cleared through tier-2 on 01/18, he said I’m just waiting on the flight surgeon to give him the OK on my whole medical file and then he’ll let me and my HR know but I haven’t heard anything. I’m getting kind of worried is it normal to take this long?

They just act as a middle man and forward your emails, most likely to RDC.
Well RDCs automatic reply said to email them for general status, that’s why I did it. Whatever just kind of getting sick of waiting to clear fully after I cleared the tier-2 on the 18th.

I was actually just told by my security poc that we have to have a waiver from security to proceed in the tier 2 process, so I think I’m just gonna be stuck for at least a year since he said he still got no updates on mine

Well I emailed my HR because RDC still never got back to me after the last time I emailed him. My HR emailed me and said I was cleared for hire and now I’m just waiting for ATO to email me with a list. After two years of waiting.. FINALLY!
Congrats!!! Officially!

Well I emailed my HR because RDC still never got back to me after the last time I emailed him. My HR emailed me and said I was cleared for hire and now I’m just waiting for ATO to email me with a list. After two years of waiting.. FINALLY!
Congratulations!

I'm still waiting, had to re-do my drug test as it was too diluted. Negative, but too diluted. So that set me back another week and a half. Hoping for some good news later this week!

Back
Top Bottom