MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

He's not really wrong realistically. I've never worked for a company where there's so many issues.

The problem is the FAA is the Federal regulatory authority for the NAS. They're the checks and balances. If you outsource that then who monitors the "Private" FAA? Do you create an oversight board that still has a sign off on everything?

There's a lot bureaucracy with it and the government needs oversight. Now I do believe they should privatize the hiring side of things. Especially medical.
Parts of the FAA are already privatized. Serco runs/partially runs Aviation Careers, there’s FCTs. I’ve worked with private companies for ATC before. Management suddenly doesn’t become competent overnight.

Parts of the FAA are already privatized. Serco runs/partially runs Aviation Careers, there’s FCTs. I’ve worked with private companies for ATC before. Management suddenly doesn’t become competent overnight.

No it doesn't but in time. It's not about overnight. This is the same logic as "we've always done it this way" and leave it at that....

Finished my Drug test Thursday to refresh... I am a prior experience bid 2018 so I am wondering if anyone knows what the timeline is after drug test. I know the normal timeline is 1-2 weeks to be cleared medically and I assume get a list of facilities. Then Ill submit my facility list and hear back in a week with a FOL? So based off my reading of other peoples experiences this is what I understand... BUT... I'm just curious if anyone has read any nightmare stories of taking another 9 months to get a FOL from here.

So I’m debating on whether I take any college classes this semester which starts August 26 and runs through December. I had my tier 2 appointment on June 27th. Any thoughts? If there’s a good chance I won’t be able to finish the class, I don’t really want to start them and spend a bunch of $$$. Thoughts?

Finished my Drug test Thursday to refresh... I am a prior experience bid 2018 so I am wondering if anyone knows what the timeline is after drug test. I know the normal timeline is 1-2 weeks to be cleared medically and I assume get a list of facilities. Then Ill submit my facility list and hear back in a week with a FOL? So based off my reading of other peoples experiences this is what I understand... BUT... I'm just curious if anyone has read any nightmare stories of taking another 9 months to get a FOL from here.
After the drug test comes back, (1 week). It’ll prob take another week to get list. Then another week to figure out what you got. Then FOL will come quick. You’re in the home stretch. Just sit backkk and relax.

So I’m debating on whether I take any college classes this semester which starts August 26 and runs through December. I had my tier 2 appointment on June 27th. Any thoughts? If there’s a good chance I won’t be able to finish the class, I don’t really want to start them and spend a bunch of $$$. Thoughts?
You’ll prob be finished with the tier 2 but you still have to add on the final steps after your cleared medically to finish the hiring process, like drug test refresher, and then the list etc etc also they let you pick your start date. I think it’ll be close but just make a control decision my friend.

Currently debating the same dilemma. Last semester of college and last semester of gi bill and tier 2 appt 6/10. I'm really concerned about picking up classes then getting something in oct/nov and they aren't willing to push me back to dec/jan. Even worse is if I take the semester off then dont hear anything till next yr and I gotta bust my ass for the next 3 months to make up for the 7k I wont be getting for bah. Adulting is fun. Leaving the military was a great choice ???

Currently debating the same dilemma. Last semester of college and last semester of gi bill and tier 2 appt 6/10. I'm really concerned about picking up classes then getting something in oct/nov and they aren't willing to push me back to dec/jan. Even worse is if I take the semester off then dont hear anything till next yr and I gotta bust my ass for the next 3 months to make up for the 7k I wont be getting for bah. Adulting is fun. Leaving the military was a great choice ???
I was in a similar situation the whole time and just kept going, ended up graduating before everything was finished thankfully. Fish667 it depends on how long it took/is taking your psych to submit the paperwork, but I would say you are in a better position than dpac with taking classes this semester.

Dpacheco I would probably take the classes unless you're attending online. From the 7k you mentioned I doubt that is the case though. The problem with only having a semester left for your degree is that if you transfer, you will more thank likely have to attend more than a semester's worth of classes, meaning you'd eventually have to pay for classes to graduate. I would like to think they would allow you to finish the semester even if they hit you up in September for the Academy, although, it's not a guarantee. Just food for thought. I'm glad I was able to finish my degree instead of quitting when I wanted to thinking the FAA would come through.

I was in a similar situation the whole time and just kept going, ended up graduating before everything was finished thankfully. Fish667 it depends on how long it took/is taking your psych to submit the paperwork, but I would say you are in a better position than dpac with taking classes this semester.

Dpacheco I would probably take the classes unless you're attending online. From the 7k you mentioned I doubt that is the case though. The problem with only having a semester left for your degree is that if you transfer, you will more thank likely have to attend more than a semester's worth of classes, meaning you'd eventually have to pay for classes to graduate. I would like to think they would allow you to finish the semester even if they hit you up in September for the Academy, although, it's not a guarantee. Just food for thought. I'm glad I was able to finish my degree instead of quitting when I wanted to thinking the FAA would come through.
In a perfect world, I would be able to finish in december and hit OKC in January. Maybe if.i send out the vibes. Thanks for sharing your experience. Maybe I'll get lucky and hear something before 8/19 when semester starts. Just gotta keep on keeping on.

For those of you waiting to hear back if you cleared Tier 2 and have a semester of college left.

Email your HR POC. Explain the situation and ask, in the event you find out you clear will they allow you to postpone the academy until after graduation.

Chances are rather high they won't have an issue. But send the email so you have documented approval and such. GL.

For those of you waiting to hear back if you cleared Tier 2 and have a semester of college left.

Email your HR POC. Explain the situation and ask, in the event you find out you clear will they allow you to postpone the academy until after graduation.

Chances are rather high they won't have an issue. But send the email so you have documented approval and such. GL.
Spoke with my HR rep today about school and they recommended I enroll in classes and they will work with me. KH was very understanding.

Has anyone reached out to their evaluator after the fact, just to get an update? I’m thinking if I should contact them just to see if they already sent the file to the FAA, and also to see if everything turned out ok.

Has anyone reached out to their evaluator after the fact, just to get an update? I’m thinking if I should contact them just to see if they already sent the file to the FAA, and also to see if everything turned out ok.
Assuming you mean the psych you did your tier 2 eval with, I asked mine to give me an update once they had completed everything and got it sent off. I think I sent a follow-up email after a couple weeks just to check since they gave me their contact info at the appointment. However, mine was sent a couple days shy of a month after the fact.

Also, they (more than likely) won't tell you how things came. Maybe just allude to whether or not you did ok. The overall determination is made in DC by someone who you will have no contact with.

My timeline from eval is: April 5th appointment, May 2nd FAA received all documents from evaluator, July 12th eval complete and approved then sent to RDC to complete med and notified same day to reschedule and complete drug test, July 15th drug test complete, July 22nd notified med clearance complete and HR notified.....now just waiting on call/email for FOL

Let me know how it goes. I’m probably going to reach out soon too. I’m gonna be away from the country for about 2 weeks at the end of August. Hopefully we all hear something soon.

Let me know how it goes. I’m probably going to reach out soon too. I’m gonna be away from the country for about 2 weeks at the end of August. Hopefully we all hear something soon.
Yea still a little hesitant, to reach out. I’m going to sleep on it.

I've reached out asking if there is anything to do to be proactive. They told me they hadn't been updated yet and to check in in a few weeks if I still hadn't heard anything. Rdc and kh have been pretty good about getting back to me and they dont seem bothered by me checking in on the progress. I would say go for it.

I've reached out asking if there is anything to do to be proactive. They told me they hadn't been updated yet and to check in in a few weeks if I still hadn't heard anything. Rdc and kh have been pretty good about getting back to me and they dont seem bothered by me checking in on the progress. I would say go for it.

I mean I'd send a followup email to your provider. If they sent it back to the FAA already then it's probably 1-3 month wait. It seems it's about a 2-5 month turn around from time of appointment on average. The longest I've seen is one waited 7 the other waited 9 months before getting their results back.

I mean I'd send a followup email to your provider. If they sent it back to the FAA already then it's probably 1-3 month wait. It seems it's about a 2-5 month turn around from time of appointment on average. The longest I've seen is one waited 7 the other waited 9 months before getting their results back.
Just sent one today to make sure she sent it. RDC was cool though. Told me to check in a few weeks if I hadn't heard anything. KH said to let him know in about a month of I hadn't heard anything and he might send me to refresh the UA. either way I'm gonna check in every once in a while for the sake of my sanity. I dont like the feeling of bot doing anything lol.

*Update*

My provider just notified me that she sent her report 7/27 hope confirming receipt on 7/28. She emailed hope on my behalf. Hope is gonna send me to hell ??

Back
Top Bottom