MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

So here’s the timetables involving this.

Hope contacts for residency, expected time to locate a doctor, 21 days.

Whenever you have your appointment, you meet your doctor. Doctor then has 10 business days to complete report and send back to the FAA.

Average time to review results is anywhere from 2-4 months.

If approved, RDC usually reaches out within a few business days.

RDC notifies of approval, schedule drug test ASAP. Results usually take 3-10 business days.

Once you pass the drug test RDC notifies Human Resources.

Human Resources then contacts you for an academy date. Lead time is usually 3-6 weeks. FOL is usually received a week or two before you depart for OKC.

If you’re denied under tier 2 and appeal you have to handle any costs incurred overturning the decision. Typical time 1-2 years.

The reason people are taking years is because RDC prepares your packet and forwards to hope. Hope reviews and requests what she sees as needed. This process goes on and on until they get everything.

My suggestion for those trying to get an appointment with hope. Any legal infractions on your SF86 or medical discrepancies typically require a personal statement and any supporting documentation you have.

I would prepare all of this and send to RDC when he requests.

For me I had a lot of stuff from ages 15-17. All required personal statements, supporting legal or medical documentation.

As seen earlier, you can be denied for traffic offenses. Typically they’re looking at timeline. A couple years isn’t enough to get past the flight surgeon as we’ve seen.

For me I did dumb stuff when I was young. Now 28, served in the military honorably, work for the federal government and haven’t been in trouble (aside from one instance which isn’t anyone except the army’s business).

For those still in the Army National Guard and reserves. You can download your entire military record from iPerms. Additionally you can contact your medical readiness NCO or full time GS staffer at your unit for documents that may also be needed. Like your MEPS records as MEPS sometimes doesn’t upload to your personnel records.

Hopefully this helps you understand the process a bit more and sets you up for success.

Note: My advice, when you’re doing personal statements only make statements of fact. If you put something that you’re not sure about and get questioned it could be an issue. I am not an attorney. I am not offering legal advice. The federal government is not a civilian employer and has different rights.

He emailed me back saying HQ received my evaluation a month ago and he’s waiting on a report. I guess contacting them after they tell you not to works. ? thanks.

Yea what is it like 3 or 4 of us waiting on a final report.

So today is day 21 since location was requested.... email said they expect it to take 21 days.... do I email Hope or just wait infinitely hoping she didn't forget me.

You'd think being prior service I'd be more used to hurry up and wait hahaha.

So today is day 21 since location was requested.... email said they expect it to take 21 days.... do I email Hope or just wait infinitely hoping she didn't forget me.

You'd think being prior service I'd be more used to hurry up and wait hahaha.
This is a whole other level of hurry up and wait. If Im in your shoes I will be emailing her, then sending a follow up email to confirm she got my last email. Maybe put a read receipt as well, to be thorough lmao.

Clearly you're a savage. Maybe I'll reach out tomorrow.
When I become impatient, my level of of fucks dips into the negative. I start emaling all kinds of random shit to try and generate some sort of dialogue lol. I told my tier 2 provider that FAA hadn't gotten her report and she reached out and Hope gave her an update when she wouldnt respond to me. I only half lied because RDC had told me there was no movement on my file lol. I took it as they never received it.

When I become impatient, my level of of fucks dips into the negative. I start emaling all kinds of random shit to try and generate some sort of dialogue lol. I told my tier 2 provider that FAA hadn't gotten her report and she reached out and Hope gave her an update when she wouldnt respond to me. I only half lied because RDC had told me there was no movement on my file lol. I took it as they never received it.

Well I emailed this morning once the deadline elapsed, within an hour had the release form. Notarized/signed and returned within an hour and a half.

I don't mind the process being thorough and such. I don't like that there's always "you have X days to respond or you'll be removed from the process" meanwhile they have no timeline for themselves. Seems unnecessary to threaten removal especially when some of us have been at this for years.

Well I emailed this morning once the deadline elapsed, within an hour had the release form. Notarized/signed and returned within an hour and a half.

I don't mind the process being thorough and such. I don't like that there's always "you have X days to respond or you'll be removed from the process" meanwhile they have no timeline for themselves. Seems unnecessary to threaten removal especially when some of us have been at this for years.
I feel like hiring processes like these with high volume of applicants look for any reason to shorten the stack. One would think though that the approach would change after they spend so much time and money trying to get your through the process lol

I feel like hiring processes like these with high volume of applicants look for any reason to shorten the stack. One would think though that the approach would change after they spend so much time and money trying to get your through the process lol

You'd think so but I had to go REDO the release letter due to the notary having poor handwriting.

Maybe one day I'll get through this. Right now the bet is I'll be 30 before I get approved/denied.

Those that are waiting, that have completed their eval, strap up. Should be hearing something soon. Just got notification today that my review has been completed.

Those that are waiting, that have completed their eval, strap up. Should be hearing something soon. Just got notification today that my review has been completed.
HQ received my packet on September 3. My tier 2 appointment was July 9.

I sure freaking hope you’re right. Had my eval on Jun 27th, HQ received the report from the evaluator on July 26

Back
Top Bottom