MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

The ultimate blessing. I got mine years ago. Enjoyyyyy
I received Hope’s Blessing this morning, clearing Tier 2 process. For those wondering, Eval was June, HQ received report end of July, and tier 2 clearance received today. Also was able to get my drug test refresh done today, so now I wait for everything to settle, and hopefully a FOL soon. Good luck my fellow candidates, and hopefully Hope is able to hand out a few more holiday presents in the next few days!

I received Hope’s Blessing this morning, clearing Tier 2 process. For those wondering, Eval was June, HQ received report end of July, and tier 2 clearance received today. Also was able to get my drug test refresh done today, so now I wait for everything to settle, and hopefully a FOL soon. Good luck my fellow candidates, and hopefully Hope is able to hand out a few more holiday presents in the next few days!

Was the email from Hope or someone else? I haven’t heard from Hope since I scheduled my appointment in June.
Original email was from hope saying that my Tier-2 evaluation has been completed and results were sent back to the medical office. RDC emailed me a day later officially telling me I had cleared

Why would they give me a drug test refresh if I wasn't medically cleared? (just called HR, and she told me they're still waiting on my medical). Is this normal? I cannot see why they'd waste money on my test if I weren't cleared

Is there anyone on this thread that has been tier 2'd rom the 2019 bid? I still haven't done my tier 2 eval and I'm from the 2018 bid. Wondering when I can start drowning Hope with emails.

A 2017 prior experience bid hire here. For anyone that seems to be stuck in the process... It may have been coincidental, but reapplying on a prior experience bid seemed to jump start my application again. Never heard anything from the tier 2 folks until I reapplied on the most recent 2019 prior experience bid. Apply to every prior experience bid possible. Shoot, I would probably apply for the off-the-street bids too...

Last edited:
Is there anyone on this thread that has been tier 2'd rom the 2019 bid? I still haven't done my tier 2 eval and I'm from the 2018 bid. Wondering when I can start drowning Hope with emails.

Tier 2’ed from the June ‘19 bid on 12/13. If you still haven’t gotten anything done, then it’s definitely not looking good for me.

I'm from the 2017 bid still waiting on Tier 2......stay patient lol

MMPI needs to disappear like the BioQ. All you natca big boys reading this, make some noise to the people up top. The agency already has staffing issues, why are they shooting themselves in the foot?

I've yet to hear about an MMPI failure not getting hired on after years of waiting anyway. The agency loses more people who give up and take another job in the process than they do catching the next Ted Bundy MMPI failure.

I’m also from the 2017 bid. I’ve asked for information, updates, pretty much anything to get my name out there. They either replied with something basic like “be patient”, or no reply at all. A suggestion for other tier 2 peeps, don’t miss or put off other opportunities because you’re waiting for faa medical.

From the 2017 bid as well. Finally got an eval back in November.

Aside from that, I concur with Whirly. With how long the process is I literally am accepting a new job out of the fed because I know it could be another 6-12 months before even having a date.

My congress rep emailed me today saying the FAA stated they received my eval report and it would be 12-18 weeks before a decision is made.

I'm not sure if that will help others gauge how long to expect before getting a response. For those still waiting post eval.

Hope to see ya'll at the academy.... this FY. ?

MMPI needs to disappear like the BioQ. All you natca big boys reading this, make some noise to the people up top. The agency already has staffing issues, why are they shooting themselves in the foot?

I've yet to hear about an MMPI failure not getting hired on after years of waiting anyway. The agency loses more people who give up and take another job in the process than they do catching the next Ted Bundy MMPI failure.
The mmpi is a federal wide thing. Lot of people, with certain clearances, in different agencies have to do it. Natca has no control over how the feds hire/select. All they can really cry about, is to hire more. But I agree, that test needs to be updated. I've known more people who've failed it, than should've failed it. ?

Kind of being put through the ringer here. No updates to report on my MMPI tier 2 status BUT, the medical analyst is bugging me about a possession arrest 10 years ago that was dismissed entirely. I was accused of not disclosing it on my worksheet or during my exam (even though I’ve detailed it in my EQUIP, and appear to have been cleared). She wanted me to amend my paperwork to include it, but I don’t feel comfortable doing that because the questions asked just don’t apply to me.

The worksheet specifically asked if I ever pleaded any event down to lesser charges, which I answered no, and didn’t include anymore info because it didn’t apply to me at that point.

On the MedExpress the questions asked were if I ever had my license suspended or revoked due to Substance abuse or if I ever had to go to rehab, which the answer was no to both.

I emailed her back all the paperwork she requested (lifetime drivers abstract, disposition, etc.) and explained that I didn’t include my arrest because none of the questions applied to me. I’ll keep y’all posted.

The mmpi is a federal wide thing. Lot of people, with certain clearances, in different agencies have to do it. Natca has no control over how the feds hire/select. All they can really cry about, is to hire more. But I agree, that test needs to be updated. I've known more people who've failed it, than should've failed it. ?

So the question is, has our current president taken it, and if so, how the hell did he pass??

Kind of being put through the ringer here. No updates to report on my MMPI tier 2 status BUT, the medical analyst is bugging me about a possession arrest 10 years ago that was dismissed entirely. I was accused of not disclosing it on my worksheet or during my exam (even though I’ve detailed it in my EQUIP, and appear to have been cleared). She wanted me to amend my paperwork to include it, but I don’t feel comfortable doing that because the questions asked just don’t apply to me.

The worksheet specifically asked if I ever pleaded any event down to lesser charges, which I answered no, and didn’t include anymore info because it didn’t apply to me at that point.

On the MedExpress the questions asked were if I ever had my license suspended or revoked due to Substance abuse or if I ever had to go to rehab, which the answer was no to both.

I emailed her back all the paperwork she requested (lifetime drivers abstract, disposition, etc.) and explained that I didn’t include my arrest because none of the questions applied to me. I’ll keep y’all posted.

Included or not they’re going to want all records and a personal statement.

That’s why they get the background investigation from security.

Also, when you say possession charge. Are we talking firearm, drugs, alcohol, what?

Say it was marijuana but you marked you’ve never used marijuana. Etc.

Back
Top Bottom