MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

My Tier 2 eval was 11/19/19 and I was cleared 2/22/20. Hope emailed me saying the review was complete and RDC sent me an email the following day notifying me that I was cleared. Waiting on a class date but obviously it’s delayed due to COVID. I’m from the 2018 OTS bid. Was also delayed prior to being tiered 2 due to the government shutdown. Everybody’s time line is different but I hope that helps.
That helps a ton, thank you. Looking at about a 3 month wait. I’m from the 2018 bid as well and I’m hoping things can get rolling with these virtual basics classes they’re trying. Good luck

That helps a ton, thank you. Looking at about a 3 month wait. I’m from the 2018 bid as well and I’m hoping things can get rolling with these virtual basics classes they’re trying. Good luck
May the odds be ever in our favor. We are coming up on 2 years since the bid closed. Not surprised. I’m in the government sector already and any little hiccup tends to add so many delays no matter what agency. Hopefully we will be virtually on boarded soon. Maybe I’ll see you in OKC...hopefully before the year ends!

Did anyone have to go to your optometrist because of history of LASIK surgery? My surgery was six years ago and I haven't been to an optometrist since. Now with the COVID Shutdown they sprang this on me which will delay me even further.

Edit: I'm posting this because they won't even submit my paperwork to the tier 2 process until this is complete and seems absolutely uneccesary considering I already completed my medical.

Anyone know how long the time is from tier 2 eval to FAA notifying you they received it? Also... is it Robert or Hope that notifies you?

My Tier 2 eval was 11/19/19 and I was cleared 2/22/20. Hope emailed me saying the review was complete and RDC sent me an email the following day notifying me that I was cleared. Waiting on a class date but obviously it’s delayed due to COVID. I’m from the 2018 OTS bid. Was also delayed prior to being tiered 2 due to the government shutdown. Everybody’s time line is different but I hope that helps.

I have a similar timeline to RissaRoo as well. I am also a 2018 OTS applicant.

- Tier 2 completed 11/12/19
- RDC notifies me that my Tier2 cleared 3/03/2020
- Drug test refresher completed 3/10/2020
- Medical is cleared 3/13/2020

As RissaRoo said though, everyone’s timeline is different. RissaRoo completed their Tier 2 after me but got cleared before me. It’s like that for everything. They don’t really seem to go in order

I have a similar timeline to RissaRoo as well. I am also a 2018 OTS applicant.

- Tier 2 completed 11/12/19
- RDC notifies me that my Tier2 cleared 3/03/2020
- Drug test refresher completed 3/10/2020
- Medical is cleared 3/13/2020

As RissaRoo said though, everyone’s timeline is different. RissaRoo completed their Tier 2 after me but got cleared before me. It’s like that for everything. They don’t really seem to go in order
Do you think they'd also wait that long to let you know if you didn't pass?

Also, Thanks!

Did anyone have to go to your optometrist because of history of LASIK surgery? My surgery was six years ago and I haven't been to an optometrist since. Now with the COVID Shutdown they sprang this on me which will delay me even further.

Edit: I'm posting this because they won't even submit my paperwork to the tier 2 process until this is complete and seems absolutely uneccesary considering I already completed my medical.

Same. Had PRK (cheaper version of LASIK back then) surgery 10 years ago with ZERO problems ever since. Got the same exact request as you just now.

I had eye surgery prior to getting hired and along with submitting the post of paperwork I also had to take a visual field test. This was back in 2015.

I sent Hope my authorization release form on Monday, and today is the end of the 7 calendar day deadline. I haven't received a confirmation response yet, hope I'm not being too paranoid.

I sent Hope my authorization release form on Monday, and today is the end of the 7 calendar day deadline. I haven't received a confirmation response yet, hope I'm not being too paranoid.
Seems to be the norm. Me and a friend of mine both sent our last week and haven’t heard anything.

Seems to be the norm. Me and a friend of mine both sent our last week and haven’t heard anything.
Joining you all on that train! Sent it in the very next day [5/8] and now waiting. Good luck

A fairly bleak timeline.

FAA-ATO-18-ATCEXP-56707 March
TOL: 6/8/18
MMPI:7/13/18
Flight Phys: 7/26/18
Drug test: 7/31/18
Tier 2 status: 5/28/19
MMP2 doc selected: 6/5/19
MMP2 appointment: 7/9/19
paperwork sent to Hope: 8/2/19

Now I'm standing by.

A fairly bleak timeline.

FAA-ATO-18-ATCEXP-56707 March
TOL: 6/8/18
MMPI:7/13/18
Flight Phys: 7/26/18
Drug test: 7/31/18
Tier 2 status: 5/28/19
MMP2 doc selected: 6/5/19
MMP2 appointment: 7/9/19
paperwork sent to Hope: 8/2/19

Now I'm standing by.

who notified you that your paperwork was sent to Hope? I was under the impression that you didn’t know until she told you if you passed or not.

who notified you that your paperwork was sent to Hope? I was under the impression that you didn’t know until she told you if you passed or not.

I asked the psychologist if she could follow up with me when the paperwork gets sent to Hope, then I called to confirm with Hope that she received it. Being in the military you learn that you never trust anyone else to push your paperwork

Joining you all on that train! Sent it in the very next day [5/8] and now waiting. Good luck

She never replied to me either, even after a separate email asking to confirm she got it. I sent my Authorization/release form to her on 5/5.

Although, I'm happy to say I received an email from her yesterday 5/18 saying I can set up an appointment for my evaluation. I scheduled it for 5/29.

She never replied to me either, even after a separate email asking to confirm she got it. I sent my Authorization/release form to her on 5/5.

Although, I'm happy to say I received an email from her yesterday 5/18 saying I can set up an appointment for my evaluation. I scheduled it for 5/29.

That gives me hope she'll get back next week since it's already Friday today. Wishing you the best for your appointment!

My evaluation is done! Now wait for another two months! Lol

I got my go-ahead to schedule an appointment this morning and my evaluation is scheduled for next week. Any tips on what they made you go through and did you get any indication of passing from the psyche?

I got my go-ahead to schedule an appointment this morning and my evaluation is scheduled for next week. Any tips on what they made you go through and did you get any indication of passing from the psyche?
He started with the interview, asked about my family history, education, drug and alcohol use, work, and encounters with law enforcement. He also had me take two tests, the mmpi-2 and another one similar. He told me that the mmpi-2 was required again but other tests are what he decides. We went over questions about the original mmpi-2 before I took it again, then went over ones from the recent one after.
It isn’t anything that should intimidate you. The only tip I can give is to be completely honest. I feel like he tried to catch me in a lie a lot. So just be honest about everything.

Good luck with your appointment!!

Back
Top Bottom