MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

Well boys, almost to the end of the road. What a ride it has been.

Applied 7/14/2017
ATSA 10/02/2017
Referred 12/11/2017
TOL 12/27/2017
EODS 02/02/2018
CIL 02/21/2018
MMPI 02/22/2018
EQIP Submitted 02/23/2018
Unofficial Tier 2 Notification 03/18/2018
1st Medical 03/27/2018
1st Drug Test 03/28/2018
Condition Security Clearance 05/15/2018
Congressional Inquiry 01/16/2020
Official Tier 2 Notification 03/24/2020
Authorization Sent 05/06/2020
Psychologist Selected 05/28/2020
Psychologist Appointment 06/15/2020
Tier 2 Case Completed 07/15/2020
2nd Drug Test 07/22/2020
2nd Medical 07/29/2020

Why the congressional inquiry? Also, that sucks! I hope you were at least a DoD somewhere

Why the congressional inquiry? Also, that sucks! I hope you were at least a DoD somewhere

When fighting my Tier 2 DQ I contacted both my Senators and had a Congressional Inquiry done to get paperwork moving. Worked in my favor. If you're caught in the black hole of Government, this can be a useful tool.

UPDATE:

FAA-ATO-18-ATCEXP-56707 March
TOL: 6/8/18
MMPI:7/13/18
Flight Phys: 7/26/18
Drug test: 7/31/18
Tier 2 status: 5/28/19
MMP2 doc selected: 6/5/19
MMP2 appointment: 7/9/19
paperwork sent to Hope: 8/2/19
Tier 2 cleared: 6/30/20
Flight Phys #2: (they expire every 2 years) 7/30/20
Facility Preference letter recieved: 8/19/20
FOL: 8/25/20

They're processing tier 2's at this time.

UPDATE:

FAA-ATO-18-ATCEXP-56707 March
TOL: 6/8/18
MMPI:7/13/18
Flight Phys: 7/26/18
Drug test: 7/31/18
Tier 2 status: 5/28/19
MMP2 doc selected: 6/5/19
MMP2 appointment: 7/9/19
paperwork sent to Hope: 8/2/19
Tier 2 cleared: 6/30/20
Flight Phys #2: (they expire every 2 years) 7/30/20
Facility Preference letter recieved: 8/19/20
FOL: 8/25/20

They're processing tier 2's at this time.

What’s your list look like and where you going?

Haven’t been on as I haven’t had much to say.

I was notified of being DQd after tier 2 eval back in March or April. I notified I wanted to appeal.

Right now part of what was used for the deniaI I am contesting since it should have never been in my record. However, no one has been able to answer me on removing it or if they have a formal process. Logic says if it’s removed the tier 2 diagnosis doesn’t apply so I shouldn’t need to appeal. Though I’m sure I will still need to do another evaluation and appeal.

Either way I landed a job with a great company that I enjoy and has upwards mobility. Waiting on congress and the FAA to give me guidance. RDC hasn’t been able to answer me after I’ve been inquiring for like 6 weeks. Same answer is “I’ll ask” and then radio silence. Not his fault and I’m sure the pandemic isn’t helping.

HW contacted me today and basically told me she’s working on scheduling my tier-2 she said to not expect a appointment until 45-90 days and went over their whole COVID-19 guidelines and all that jazz so I guess I’m waiting for a appointment now “officially” anyone who had their appointment scheduled during COVID-19 - how long did it take for you to get a appointment?

HW contacted me today and basically told me she’s working on scheduling my tier-2 she said to not expect a appointment until 45-90 days and went over their whole COVID-19 guidelines and all that jazz so I guess I’m waiting for a appointment now “officially” anyone who had their appointment scheduled during COVID-19 - how long did it take for you to get a appointment?
I was notified by HW in the middle of April that it would be a “30-60” day wait and I completed my appointment May 8th. She just has to give you that wide range incase you live in a very restrictive state that might actually not be allowing non medical emergency offices to be open. I’d be willing to bet once she gets your address and you set an appointment up, it’ll be much sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
3 months almost to the date.
03/24/20 is when she first contacted me.
06/15/20 was my appointment.

When HW emailed me she said I had to respond to the email she sent about her gearing up to schedule my tier 2 appt well I emailed her but no response and I don’t want to be annoying and email her again asking if she got it did she reply to you guys?

When HW emailed me she said I had to respond to the email she sent about her gearing up to schedule my tier 2 appt well I emailed her but no response and I don’t want to be annoying and email her again asking if she got it did she reply to you guys?
Hope responded to none of my emails when I went through the tier 2 process. To be fair though she did state in my email that she won't be responding to emails to speed up pushing people through the tier 2 process

Hope responded to none of my emails when I went through the tier 2 process. To be fair though she did state in my email that she won't be responding to emails to speed up pushing people through the tier 2 process
Okay cool, I was just wondering if I should expect a email back from her saying she got it or not. Her email to me didn’t say she wasn’t going to respond. So I guess I should just wait my 90 days lol.

Got an e-mail today saying my Tier II case has been reviewed and the recommendation has been sent to my medical program analyst. This is good news, right?

Tier II was taken back in June.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Got an e-mail today saying my Tier II case has been reviewed and the recommendation has been sent to my medical program analyst. This is good news, right?

Tier II was taken back in June.

Anyone else in the same boat?
Cleared in March. Received the same email and they notified me I cleared the following day. You should be hearing something soon. Good luck!

Yeah, I onboarded 9/14 and start basics 9/29.

Edit: From the ‘18 OTS bid so I’m not sure if that makes a difference.

Wow, starting basics 2 weeks after onboarding? They're getting quicker. I onboarded 7/27 and had my first class 7 weeks later on 9/15. Must've been losing too much money paying people to do nothing haha

I’m from the same ‘18 bid, still waiting. I HAVE to be one of the last ones ?

Good luck. I was also from '18 OTS bid and finally started my first class on 9/15. Just scrolled up and saw your post mention how you're getting ready to have your tier 2 scheduled - I hope it goes quick and smooth!

Back
Top Bottom