MMPI Tier 2

I just found out I was Tier 2 about a week ago as well. They didn’t ask me for medical records. All they wanted was VA disability break down and Military personnel records. I had mine sent electronically to my POC instead of waiting for them to get in the regular mail and possibly losing it or something.

What "personnel records" did you send them? When I think of personnel records, the only thing that comes to mind being prior service is my DD-214.

What "personnel records" did you send them? When I think of personnel records, the only thing that comes to mind being prior service is my DD-214.
There’s a whole 80 pages of like every document you ever signed from when you first joined the military and while you were in the military that they keep on file. Your DD214 is like one of 80 pages. If you ever received an Article 15 or gotten in trouble with the police or something I’m sure that would be in there as well. My record is clean though so I couldn’t tell you for sure. A bunch of stuff that has your signature though. I had AFPC send them to me as well so I could look it over myself.

Last edited:
Hope contacted me 30 minutes after my med poc inf0rmed me of tier 2. Hope's email stated that I had been chosen for tier 2 and that my case will be reviewed and a Tier 2 provider will be contacted to confirm they can receive my case. Hopefully getting this email so quickly means everything else will happen quickly as well.
Have you heard anything since then ?

There’s a whole 80 pages of like every document you ever signed from when you first joined the military and while you were in the military that they keep on file. Your DD214 is like one of 80 pages. If you ever received an Article 15 or gotten in trouble with the police or something I’m sure that would be in there as well. My record is clean though so I couldn’t tell you for sure. A bunch of stuff that has your signature though. I had AFPC send them to me as well so I could look it over myself.

More than what is in your PRDA?

More than what is in your PRDA?
I’m not sure what information PRDA has but these records have every EPR, all your previous medical information that you gave the military when you first joined, the paperwork where you said that you have or have not been arrested before joining the military, security clearance, DEP contract, your enlistment contract, All your PCS orders, life insurance selections, the highschool suspension that I told the Air Force about for cursing in class. All dat !

I got an email today that said I also need a Tier 2. This is from the experienced bid back in March. I already found out they weren't doing anymore experienced placements until the new fiscal year but this set back hit me right in the gut. I'm looking for any updates anyone has. Any clue on how long it took for the military to send the requested records?

I got an email today that said I also need a Tier 2. This is from the experienced bid back in March. I already found out they weren't doing anymore experienced placements until the new fiscal year but this set back hit me right in the gut. I'm looking for any updates anyone has. Any clue on how long it took for the military to send the requested records?
It doesn't matter anyway. You won't be done with tier 2 for 6-12 months.

How long ago did you take your MMPI??

That is unfortunate... at least you got notified right away. There are people from the 2017 exp bid that didn't get notified of tier 2 for months! Was the email notification start with something like this: "The flight surgeon has reviewed your file and is requesting additional information..."?

That is unfortunate... at least you got notified right away. There are people from the 2017 exp bid that didn't get notified of tier 2 for months! Was the email notification start with something like this: "The flight surgeon has reviewed your file and is requesting additional information..."?

No. It said upon review of the MMPI-2 further evaluation is needed. The email also said that the process may add a considerable amount of time to the hiring process.

When the flight surgeon requests additional information that isn’t tier 2 is it? I thought that just added a couple of weeks is all

When the flight surgeon requests additional information that isn’t tier 2 is it? I thought that just added a couple of weeks is all

The only request that was in my email was for my optometrist to complete an eye exam form (FAA Form 8500-7). I disclosed that I was diagnosed with a pterygium before I left active duty, which was the reason the flight surgeon wanted a full eye exam in addition to what the AME conducted. I completed the exam yesterday and sent the form back today.

I was asking how the tier 2 (MMPI) email was formatted because my email looked like a "canned" email with bullet item(s) after the sentence, "The flight surgeon has reviewed your file and is requesting additional information. Please provide the following: "

Since the email only had the one item, I am hopeful that the flight surgeon conducted a full review of my file and that was the only additional thing I needed before getting medically cleared, which would mean no tier 2 MMPI for me. I hate to think about how much time a tier 2 adds to the already strung out application process. Like most everyone here, I need the job and want to start ASAP to provide better financial support for my family and get settled wherever the FAA is going to send us.

The only request that was in my email was for my optometrist to complete an eye exam form (FAA Form 8500-7). I disclosed that I was diagnosed with a pterygium before I left active duty, which was the reason the flight surgeon wanted a full eye exam in addition to what the AME conducted. I completed the exam yesterday and sent the form back today.

I was asking how the tier 2 (MMPI) email was formatted because my email looked like a "canned" email with bullet item(s) after the sentence, "The flight surgeon has reviewed your file and is requesting additional information. Please provide the following: "

Since the email only had the one item, I am hopeful that the flight surgeon conducted a full review of my file and that was the only additional thing I needed before getting medically cleared, which would mean no tier 2 MMPI for me. I hate to think about how much time a tier 2 adds to the already strung out application process. Like most everyone here, I need the job and want to start ASAP to provide better financial support for my family and get settled wherever the FAA is going to send us.
Of course, I understand. Based on what others have said that does not mean tier 2, unless they specifically tell you. SOme other people I’ve read about said they did something very similar to you and then had their class date a week or so later

I know a guy who failed his. He had to then go face to face with a psychiatrist or something.

He failed because of the way he answered some questions. One was "Do you have abilities that others do not have?" and one was "Do you see things that other people don't see?", which he answered YES to both.

The doc asked him to clarify. He was like, "Well, yes I have abilities others don't. For example I can read and write. Not everyone can do that, right?" Then they inquired about the other. At one point he was a bartender at a gay bar so he had to explain that and all the crazy stuff he would see there in the middle of the night that other people don't see. The doc was all, "OK! We're all done here. Congrats, you're all good!"

It's all in the context. Good luck!

I know a guy who failed his. He had to then go face to face with a psychiatrist or something.

He failed because of the way he answered some questions. One was "Do you have abilities that others do not have?" and one was "Do you see things that other people don't see?", which he answered YES to both.

The doc asked him to clarify. He was like, "Well, yes I have abilities others don't. For example I can read and write. Not everyone can do that, right?" Then they inquired about the other. At one point he was a bartender at a gay bar so he had to explain that and all the crazy stuff he would see there in the middle of the night that other people don't see. The doc was all, "OK! We're all done here. Congrats, you're all good!"

It's all in the context. Good luck!

Haha isn't that the truth! Some of those questions though... comical. Believe it or not people answer 'Yes' to those questions because they really do see "things" or hear voices in their head. Just like people who apply for law enforcement positions. They ask the most up-front questions in your interview(s) and polygraph, such as: "Have you ever committed....?" or "Are you running from the law?" The polygrapher told me that he's actually had people answer yes to those questions, rolled into a suspect interview and then arrested the applicant. They questions are asked for a reason.. if they could weed out just one person, they will keep asking them.

I'm tier 2 from the August 2016 bid, and there are still quite a few of us left. Prepare to wait. I've even heard that some from that bid are just now getting their official tier 2 notification. Thankfully, I completed my appts this past March and now I'm waiting for clearance. So you're looking at anywhere from 6 months (very unlikely) to 2 years.
Embrace the suck, fellas.
Have you gotten your clearance yet?

TOL - 1/24/17
CIL 2/8/17
Medical Call 2/9/17
MMPI2 2/15/17
Medical App. 3/2/17
Tier 2 Notification 3/14/17
"Official" Tier 2 Notification 4/24/18
Tier 2 Appt 5/9/18
Package sent from Doc to FAA 6/13/18
Cleared medical (pending drug test) 8/21/18
Drug test 8/23/18

A long road, but hopefully I'll get the call for a class date soon .

TOL - 1/24/17
CIL 2/8/17
Medical Call 2/9/17
MMPI2 2/15/17
Medical App. 3/2/17
Tier 2 Appt 5/9/18
Drug test 8/23/18

Region?

TOL - 1/24/17
CIL 2/8/17
Medical Call 2/9/17
MMPI2 2/15/17
Medical App. 3/2/17
Tier 2 Appt 5/9/18
Drug test 8/23/18

Congratulations man

Back
Top Bottom