NATCA as a DOD Controller

MrNoodle

Is there any real reason to attempt to become a NATCA DOD Facility? I heard someone at a facility bring it up the other day and wasn't sure if there was anyone at a NATCA DOD spot that could say if the premiums would be worthwhile compared to the general Federal employees union?

Is there any real reason to attempt to become a NATCA DOD Facility? I heard someone at a facility bring it up the other day and wasn't sure if there was anyone at a NATCA DOD spot that could say if the premiums would be worthwhile compared to the general Federal employees union?
If you ever plan on going FAA at any point, NATCA seniority time is the only thing that matters. This gets days off choices and annual bidding. Otherwise, it won't matter much.

Google MCAS Cherry Points Contract. They get OJTI pay, Seniority (like slater said), and a few other perks. I tried to bring it to NQX but lost by 2 votes. I know Homestead is trying to go NATCA and there is another facility (I want to say in Wyoming off the top of my head). Like the FAA you have good bosses and bad bosses, it is all about minimalizing damage.

Back
Top Bottom