NATCA

Everyone took this job knowing that it’s 24/7 365, rain, snow, hurricanes, natural disasters etc. if someone’s not comfortable stay home and it should be on them. My favorite is most people in facility are anti bringing people back but social media shows most of them living the life and partying and in large groups.
There’s a very vocal group anti-training zealots throughout the agency. “Safety” is just the latest bullshit excuse to not have to do it.

Just heard of a guy who was super anti-training due to covid, they tried to recall him for a shift and he was in paris, france...
My friend said a CPC at his facility was very anti-recall on their facility NATCA calls, also pushed hard to stay on reduced staffing for “safety.” Then the dude flew with his wife and 2 kids to Disney World the first week it re-opened while on his 10 off.

No one plans for a pandemic. Not CPC’s, trainees, the FAA, or NATCA ever considered this as something that might happen.

The Good: I mean, everyone still has a job.
The Bad: Deal was more fair to some than others.

I agree this whole period has been negative for a lot of people, and not even all the protocol makes a ton of sense
But are you going to leave the union over it? You’re upset about missed raises when the union is the whole reason controllers are paid as well as they are?

Your call, I guess. If your dues demand perfection, I can tell you now you won’t get it.

Last edited:
No one plans for a pandemic. Not CPC’s, trainees, the FAA, or NATCA ever considered this as something that might happen.

I agree this whole period has been negative for a lot of people, and not even all the protocol makes a ton of sense
But are you going to leave the union over it? You’re upset about missed raises when the union that is the whole reason controllers are paid as well as they are?

Your call, I guess. If your dues demand perfection, I can tell you now you won’t get it.
The question of the thread is why are you upset. And ppl said why they were upset. Lmao

But are you going to leave the union over it? You’re upset about missed raises when the union that is the whole reason controllers are paid as well as they are?

I've said it before, I dont want perfection, I want them to do better. Will I leave the union? No, I'm proud to be part of a union as my entire family is part of various ones, but I will have my voice heard or else whats the point.

Back
Top Bottom