NATCA

So your doing what everyone accuses me of doing? Discount the fact that there’s a ton of trainees that still aren’t allowed to train with no end in sight?
The facilities are training controllers. Putting AG people in the building with 60 year old trainers so they can wait behind trainees with the training order anyway is dumb. It sucks but bringing them in now doesn’t make sense unless the old ass trainers in the dysim get a vaccine.

My only complaint was the lack or communication. I don't think anyone could try to argue that trainees weren't left in the dark for way to long. Even if it was just a email saying we have no clue what to do but we are trying to come up with something. We were an after thought and they didn't even have the decency to say a word to us. I've had dozens of check in calls from sups and my ATM. Zero from fac rep. But.......! Yes I am enjoying my paid vacation

The facilities are training controllers. Putting AG people in the building with 60 year old trainers so they can wait behind trainees with the training order anyway is dumb. It sucks but bringing them in now doesn’t make sense unless the old ass trainers in the dysim get a vaccine.
And from the first day of d school to CPC is like a 2+ year process most places. We are training r sides but there is no one behind up. If they were in the building they would def be training on the d side. I actually agree with keeping people home till it’s there turn. But it’s peoples turn now that have been sitting at home for a year.

AG sucks but you aren’t entitled to a raise when you aren’t doing anything. It’s not NATCAs or the FAAs fault that there’s a pandemic. Sometimes shitty things happen to people.
This just about sums up what trainees are mad about. Lol. A lot of people leave jobs that are higher paying that they he first dev levels to do this.

And from the first day of d school to CPC is like a 2+ year process most places. We are training r sides but there is no one behind up. If they were in the building they would def be training on the d side. I actually agree with keeping people home till it’s there turn. But it’s peoples turn now that have been sitting at home for a year.
That’s ZAN though. Other places have plenty of people to train that already have certs and if local doesn’t have a spine to try and make an agreement under y’all’s circumstances then that falls on local reps.

AG sucks but you aren’t entitled to a raise when you aren’t doing anything. It’s not NATCAs or the FAAs fault that there’s a pandemic. Sometimes shitty things happen to people.
People aren’t doing anything because they aren’t allowed to, and it’s absolutely NATCA’s fault that they haven’t fought for some soltitioj for these people to return to training in a fucking YEAR. NATCA acts like those people don’t even exist, much less matter. They have no problem taking their dues though.

That’s ZAN though. Other places have plenty of people to train that already have certs and if local doesn’t have a spine to try and make an agreement under y’all’s circumstances then that falls on local reps.
They can’t do anything outside of the national guidance dude.

This just about sums up what trainees are mad about. Lol. A lot of people leave jobs that are higher paying that they he first dev levels to do this.
I left a higher paying job also but I did it knowing there was risk. Hell the academy had a 50-60% washout rate. I’m not saying they aren’t hurting, I’m saying they aren’t hurting because of NATCA

They can’t do anything outside of the national guidance dude.
So MOUs don’t exist?

I left a higher paying job also but I did it knowing there was risk. Hell the academy had a 50-60% washout rate. I’m not saying they aren’t hurting, I’m saying they aren’t hurting because of NATCA
NATCA was obviously fighting to keep people at home for at least the first 6 months. At best now, they’re indifferent about AG people.

NATCA was obviously fighting to keep people at home for at least the first 6 months. At best now, they’re indifferent about AG people.
AG people are still at home on EA though. Aside from training opportunities they haven’t been left out. They are collecting a paycheck (shitty check) without working.

Does it really matter if it's copyrighted?

Its the exact same minus the color difference. In no other situation would anyone argue they're not representing the organization itself when the symbol being used is almost identical to the actual organization.

NATCA could have gone a 100 ways to show support for black lives and yet they chose the BLM organizations symbol. Which by default shows they support the organization whether it was purposeful or not I'm sure is debatable but that's the perception.

So using the phrase "Black Lives Matter" automatically means you support the BLM organization and not the movement? Or could it be you can support the movement and not the organization? Because I support the movement and I'm sure most do. Using a phrase like "Black Lives Matter" does not mean NATCA automatically supported the organization. This is just some opinion of yours to belittle the union and the movement. It straight up says on the page for the shirt where the money goes. Not once does it mention the organization. If youre going to be a bigot than just say so.

People aren’t doing anything because they aren’t allowed to, and it’s absolutely NATCA’s fault that they haven’t fought for some soltitioj for these people to return to training in a fucking YEAR. NATCA acts like those people don’t even exist, much less matter. They have no problem taking their dues though.
Sorry, I take my safety as a higher priority than bringing you in to train. Youre no useful to the operation so you dont need to be in the building. Enjoy your free paycheck and get a part time job ubering or delivering packages or whatever other seasonal jobs there are if you're so worried about money. The situation sucks but trainees should not be in the building if they cannot work a position solo. It simply requires more manpower and increases risk that the facility is going to go to ATC-0.

What do you mean? The local can’t unilaterally retard training and bring back the people that have been on AG pay for multiple years now.

How are you people on AG pay for "multiple years". The only center that has a training time of 3 years or more is ZNY and they have a path to get you higher pay quicker if I recall.

So using the phrase "Black Lives Matter" automatically means you support the BLM organization and not the movement? Or could it be you can support the movement and not the organization? Because I support the movement and I'm sure most do. Using a phrase like "Black Lives Matter" does not mean NATCA automatically supported the organization. This is just some opinion of yours to belittle the union and the movement. It straight up says on the page for the shirt where the money goes. Not once does it mention the organization. If youre going to be a bigot than just say so.

Sorry, I take my safety as a higher priority than bringing you in to train. Youre no useful to the operation so you dont need to be in the building. Enjoy your free paycheck and get a part time job ubering or delivering packages or whatever other seasonal jobs there are if you're so worried about money. The situation sucks but trainees should not be in the building if they cannot work a position solo. It simply requires more manpower and increases risk that the facility is going to go to ATC-0.
Lmao get outta here with that “safety” bullshit dude. I’m sure you sit at your house and don’t interact with anyone while not at work.

I do. I mother-in-law has a rare blood disease and my wife had to give a bone marrow transplant a few days before Christmas so her getting COVID would have been a death sentence for her mom. The only selfish thing I did was go to work leading up but I wore a mask, told management I wasnt training if I couldnt maintain 6 ft+, and wiped down the console everytime I took position. My wife straight up stopped working for the past 6 weeks.

But you're right, I should say fuck my family's health so you can train right?
You shouldnt be at work at all, you are being selfish and going to work when you should go on EA/sick leave or whatever you need to make sure your family is safe. Instead you are going to work and putting it on everyone else. Have some personal accountability.

You shouldnt be at work at all, you are being selfish and going to work when you should go on EA/sick leave or whatever you need to make sure your family is safe. Instead you are going to work and putting it on everyone else. Have some personal accountability.
Why would he wanna fuck with his own earnings/career when he can put it on the backs of trainees though?

Because you knew what you were getting into before you accepted the job. If you want to be anti-NATCA and anti-COVID because you're living outside your means than just admit that.
They didn’t say you’d be on AG pay for 3 years potentially.

Unfortunately I dont have enough sick leave to do that and bills do have to be paid. Trainees knew their salary before taking the job right? So they should have a budget that revolves around that pay correct?

So tell me why they should be in the building if they can't work a position solo?
Sounds like you shouldn’t have blown through all your leave. And yes trainees obviously knew what AG pay was, but nobody is expecting to be stuck on it for YEARS. Training is a trainee’s job and they absolutely should be allowed to do their jobs. It’s been a fucking year dude.

Why would he wanna fuck with his own earnings/career when he can put it on the backs of trainees though?
for real
Because you knew what you were getting into before you accepted the job. If you want to be anti-NATCA and anti-COVID because you're living outside your means than just admit that.
You knew you would be working in close proximity when you took the job, im pro NATCA, they should be placing you on EA and not the trainees just admit that..

Back
Top Bottom