NCEPT debate thread

So who is going to start the September 2019 NCEPT discussion? I’m sure we would all love another thread just to disappoint us.

Definitely a fair point. For all I know all the hardships I’ve seen are legitimate. But the timing does make one wonder.
To provide some context for you on this point, I had a legitimate hardship condition, and committed to gutting it out and trying to ERR and wait my turn, but after several years of no releases and no success in treatments I hardshipped. Yet that made me a pariah at my previous facility. Sure don’t have each other’s backs as “brothers and sisters” anymore

In the beginning, NCEPT was beneficial for a majority of facilities. Now three and a a half years later, NCEPT halts movements of CPC’s to only a select 11 facilities.

The complaints early on from the few facilities that struggled with allowing movement fell upon deaf ears. With almost all facilities now feeling the pain, will the complaints still sit in silence?

In the beginning, NCEPT was beneficial for a majority of facilities. Now three and a a half years later, NCEPT halts movements of CPC’s to only a select 11 facilities.

The complaints early on from the few facilities that struggled with allowing movement fell upon deaf ears. With almost all facilities now feeling the pain, will the complaints still sit in silence?
Yes

To provide some context for you on this point, I had a legitimate hardship condition, and committed to gutting it out and trying to ERR and wait my turn, but after several years of no releases and no success in treatments I hardshipped. Yet that made me a pariah at my previous facility. Sure don’t have each other’s backs as “brothers and sisters” anymore

What method and how did you word the hardship exactly? Thinking that’s going to definitely be the new way to transfer where you want to go but it seems hard to fit into their perimeters they mention in the contract. What are some loop holes?

What method and how did you word the hardship exactly? Thinking that’s going to definitely be the new way to transfer where you want to go but it seems hard to fit into their perimeters they mention in the contract. What are some loop holes?
There’s not really loopholes. It was difficult and took a ton of paperwork and medical documentation. The misnomer amongst people that hardships can just be fired off and approved is a huge pet peeve of mine

Yes.

There’s not really loopholes. It was difficult and took a ton of paperwork and medical documentation. The misnomer amongst people that hardships can just be fired off and approved is a huge pet peeve of mine

What state did you leave, and what state did you go to?

You have to have your documentation in order for sure. How hard is it actually though to find a doctor that will agree that all these California plants are making my allergies bad and that I'd be much better off in Denver? Probably not very

thing I can't figure out is why NATCA just buys off on it. There's never a fight against the ATO for much of anything anymore. No fight against the ambiguous language that is used in the recent changes that allows them to do whatever they want. It is strange. You'll never be able to get a straight answer about anything going forward. Even though you've spent years and years and years training developmentals every day all day, you'll never have an opportunity for much of anything else.
It’s because NATCA is just an extension of FAA management now. Collaboration is just secret code for co-managing the Agency.

ILL WILL HUNTING.

36th3j.jpg

The FAA is going to have another staffing crisis in 10 years when half the people they hired in the last 5 years realize they are going to be stuck in Sioux Falls for the rest of their career and quit.

The FAA is going to have another staffing crisis in 10 years when half the people they hired in the last 5 years realize they are going to be stuck in Sioux Falls for the rest of their career and quit.

I’ve never felt so seen (even though I’m not at FSD, but eerily similar)

They need to just hire locally. Like they could easily find 20 people in Iowa that would
Love to make 90k being a controller. It’s not like when you apply for Forrest service you can get placed 3000 miles from home

Back
Top Bottom