NCEPT debate thread

You have to have your documentation in order for sure. How hard is it actually though to find a doctor that will agree that all these California plants are making my allergies bad and that I'd be much better off in Denver? Probably not very
You would be surprised. Four hardships from ZOA to DEN in the last 12 months.

Then all these people transfer the second they certify so what does this policy really get you?
You’re absolutely right. And I was one of them. But I also knew going in that I could be placed anywhere. I didn’t like the system then, and don’t like it for new hires now (especially for those in Terminal where the chances to leave are bleak after certifying).

You’re absolutely right. And I was one of them. But I also knew going in that I could be placed anywhere. I didn’t like the system then, and don’t like it for new hires now (especially for those in Terminal where the chances to leave are bleak after certifying).
So you don’t think getting more people close to home from the start will massively improve the whole transferring situation. This isn’t the military. It’s not I had to do it back in my day so now you have to. Just make it better

So you don’t think getting more people close to home from the start will massively improve the whole transferring situation. This isn’t the military. It’s not I had to do it back in my day so now you have to. Just make it better
That's exactly what it is

I know people who would pack up and move ANYWHERE in America for a 60k a year job with benefits and a pension. Tell them you may be stuck there your whole career and they would sign up with ZERO hesitation and just make that new place home. 60k-80k a year in "middle of nowhere" America is something A LOT of people would not only uproot their entire life for, but would FIGHT for. Even in expensive places like Los Angeles and San Francisco people are living on much less, and would kill for a 60k-80k a year job

Last edited:
I know people who would pack up and move ANYWHERE in America for a 60k a year job with benefits and a pension. Tell them you may be stuck there your whole career and they would sign up with ZERO hesitation and just make that new place home. 60k-80k a year in "middle of nowhere" America is something A LOT of people would not only uproot their entire life for, but would FIGHT for. Even in expensive places like Los Angeles and San Francisco people are living on much less, and would kill for a 60k-80k a year job
Don't tell them they "may be" stuck there. Tell them there is zero metaphysical possibility of a transfer out of their assigned location for the entire career and be done with it. At least we'd start being honest with people...

In case yall haven't figured this out yet, the FAA doesnt give a **** about where we want to be. We are purely numbers to them. That's why we are getting shit on (with natca's help as well)
That's right! You are all expendable. You're a warm body that knows just enough to keep the machine running.

And when you're all used up or they need a scape goat you're gone. Some twenty something year old know it all that makes a fraction of what you make will replace you and you'll probably train them.

I personally guarantee that when this happens we'll (controllers in general) still be bitching about staffing issues (especially N90) , training issues and FAA placement procedures / ERR stuff. Not so much the last one for us "old" guys in 15 to 20 years because at that point we could probably care less about err's and such.

So where in the timeline of events does the vote for NCEPT actually occur?

I believe I know the answer, but I’ll happily wait for responses.

So we have a hardship leaving on 9/15, they’ll be locked in as CPC on board because everything freezes on the 12th right?

Back
Top Bottom