NCEPT debate thread

They need to just hire locally. Like they could easily find 20 people in Iowa that would
Love to make 90k being a controller. It’s not like when you apply for Forrest service you can get placed 3000 miles from home

No this is a special job that only type A geniuses or the offspring of other controllers can do. Can the heartland in Iowa really produce 20 viable controllers!? :lol::rofl:

They need to just hire locally. Like they could easily find 20 people in Iowa that would
Love to make 90k being a controller. It’s not like when you apply for Forrest service you can get placed 3000 miles from home
Totally agree with this.... Bring back the regional bids and have a separate anywhere in the US bid. That way the thirsty ones can't bitch and moan when they get sent to bumfuck because there is also an avenue for them to be picky.

Used to be pick two states per bid (I think there were a few CTO bids with up to ten) when I got hired, I always felt like picking a region would be better, but either way works.

Pretty bold statement considering you haven't passed okc yet or certified at your first facility.....

Them gosh darn millenials. They're all wet behind the ears, and entitled! In my day we smoked Newports on position and kicked the trainees when they messed up. After work we pounded PBRs out the back of our trunks and then headed to ol geezy weezy's house for a garage party .

(Get off my lawn Gif)

(Clint Eastwood moving around chairs at the RNC convention)

(Old guy in up w hairy ears)

? :lol::rofl:

Totally agree with this.... Bring back the regional bids and have a separate anywhere in the US bid. That way the thirsty ones can't bitch and moan when they get sent to bumfuck because there is also an avenue for them to be picky.

Used to be pick two states per bid (I think there were a few CTO bids with up to ten) when I got hired, I always felt like picking a region would be better, but either way works.
Exactly. Let someone that wants Dallas go to Amarillo. I’ve literally seen people that want Oakland not get Oakland.

There's logic in this, therefore the agency will never agree to it.

If your current facility Has 100% AOB and 100% projected, and the facility you want is at 87% projected. They should allow that’s selection since you going from a more to less, at least after the first go thru of facilities selecting and trying to get to 85% projected

This attitude sucks. I guess he should just suck it up and be happy that he’s sent somewhere he doesn’t want to be. Because OMG this jerb is the end all be all damnit! Take anything the agency throws at you and say thanks! Please can I have some more?
Pretty much. We've all been through it. Does it make it right? No. But bitching about it ain't going to change it either. The sooner you realize we are all pawns in a bigger game and there is nothing we can say or do to change shit the happier you'll be.

I went from a 11 tracon (cpc) to a 9 up down and guess what? No one wants to hear about my experience or how we did things at the big house, they are content working traffic like it's the 1990s drop tubes and all. Don't even think of mentioning that the faa has strip printers and EFSTS.

It's the same concept for hiring... They don't care about where you want to be.

This attitude sucks. I guess he should just suck it up and be happy that he’s sent somewhere he doesn’t want to be. Because OMG this jerb is the end all be all damnit! Take anything the agency throws at you and say thanks! Please can I have some more?
And I'm not saying "don't bitch" most of us come here to spread knowledge and to of course bitch. If someone complaines about something I believe you become fair game to be debated / argued with.

Plus seriously... If you think the FAA is scared about losing controllers you're high. I'm sure they believe we are all expendable and the faa knows there are thousands of young men and women who would happily take the job at a lower pay rate, paying more into FERS and with less bitching to boot.

Yes. He is not entitled to be w his homies back in Oaktown. Not until he checks out in OKC, checks out at first facility, and successfully engineers a tranfer to where he truly wants to be. Just like eveyrone else. Until then?... STFU and train.

This is literally what you agree to when you fill out your application. Yes the system could be much better, and over the past 5-6 years the process/selection has changed multiple times.

Yeah and it definitely worked, too, like when Phillyman picked PA and FL for his two states and got a "take-it-or-leave-it" offer of T75 or SJU lmao.

I think we need to drain the HR swamp at the MMAC.

This is literally what you agree to when you fill out your application. Yes the system could be much better, and over the past 5-6 years the process/selection has changed multiple times.
This is true, but expecting someone to just suck it up is stupid. We all have our own goals and locations we want to be. Saying he’s not allowed to express that he doesn’t want to be stuck in WY or IA is elitist and stupid. Especially on a forum online

Has anyone that sent err paperwork to the eastern region know if they send you receipts in the mail to acknowledge they got your package or anything in email to confirm they got it?

Has anyone that sent err paperwork to the eastern region know if they send you receipts in the mail to acknowledge they got your package or anything in email to confirm they got it?
In the past, When I emailed in my packet to the Eastern region they’ve sent a “received” email back.

Back
Top Bottom