NCEPT debate thread

That’s fucking impossible man, NCEPT is all about transparency, the meetings minutes have to be complete.
I’m not talking about the current meeting. I’m talking about all the past meeting minutes. Someone posted the current ones somewhere on this site. I can’t remember where so I went to KSN to look. The last meeting minutes on there are from 2017

I’m not talking about the current meeting. I’m talking about all the past meeting minutes. Someone posted the current ones somewhere on this site. I can’t remember where so I went to KSN to look. The last meeting minutes on there are from 2017
Either they don’t have weekly meetings as they did in the past, or it’s too much of a hassle to type them up and post them on KSN. Anyone’s guess.

I think that date reflects when that folder was made rather than the last update

Is there any solid place to monitor the progress of all this other than on here? Im tired of trying to sift through the hear-say that management is giving us or people are spreading on the floor. Im ready to go and Id like to know if theres even a chance.

Is there any solid place to monitor the progress of all this other than on here? Im tired of trying to sift through the hear-say that management is giving us or people are spreading on the floor. Im ready to go and Id like to know if theres even a chance.

Put ksn2.faa.gov on refresh every few seconds, other than that just check here every once in a while. Patience doesn't cost much when the outcome can't be affected by us.

In all honesty, this whole process is a gamble.

You’re banking on your facility being able to release a body.

Then you’re hoping the facility you’re trying to get to can accept a body.

And if both of those equations are both a positive, you’re praying you’re the body that is selected to the gaining facility.

So you can monitor this site and watch everything unfold as it will, or you can try to build a spreadsheet with all the equations included and factor whatever knowledge you might be able to gain from outside resources and judge the timeline that way.

Regardless of which path you choose, just know that the NCEPT procedures change more often than not. Proof of this is in he last two years alone.

Everything lately on this thread has been exactly what my RVP put out. If your facrep is doing their job, they should have some sort of correspondence from the rvp.

Change was part of the original plan. Any MOU can be opened by mutual agreement. That being said if the union concedes to pausing the ncepts to 'let the system recover', which appears (hearsay) to be the agency's position I think it will be disappointing.

Change was part of the original plan. Any MOU can be opened by mutual agreement. That being said if the union concedes to pausing the ncepts to 'let the system recover', which appears (hearsay) to be the agency's position I think it will be disappointing.

I feel like that would be a massive betrayal bu the union leadership, especially right after pushing privatization during the shutdown.

NATCA seems more interested in charity, politics, & Social Justice than fixing NCEPT. this is a relatively new phenomenon.

N2.jpg

Put ksn2.faa.gov on refresh every few seconds, other than that just check here every once in a while. Patience doesn't cost much when the outcome can't be affected by us.

thanks for the info.

good point. it just seems no one really knows whats going. left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing, etc...

In all honesty, this whole process is a gamble.

You’re banking on your facility being able to release a body.

Then you’re hoping the facility you’re trying to get to can accept a body.

And if both of those equations are both a positive, you’re praying you’re the body that is selected to the gaining facility.

So you can monitor this site and watch everything unfold as it will, or you can try to build a spreadsheet with all the equations included and factor whatever knowledge you might be able to gain from outside resources and judge the timeline that way.

Regardless of which path you choose, just know that the NCEPT procedures change more often than not. Proof of this is in he last two years alone.

I might be dumb but that website doesnt seem to work. and searching KSN on faa.gov doesnt seem to give anything either. am i missing something?

good point. it just seems no one really knows whats going. left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing, etc...

Well the issue at hand is the general movement of controllers vs the placement of controllers in their desired location. NCEPT is more in favor of the general movement, you can get out and go if you're capable of living in multiple places generally. There are a few places that have staffing issues that prevent a release, though that can arguably be contributed to other causes as well.

Moving to your most desirable facility, or even top 5, is not guaranteed in any matter but there is general movement within the controller workforce.

Well the issue at hand is the general movement of controllers vs the placement of controllers in their desired location. NCEPT is more in favor of the general movement, you can get out and go if you're capable of living in multiple places generally. There are a few places that have staffing issues that prevent a release, though that can arguably be contributed to other causes as well.

Moving to your most desirable facility, or even top 5, is not guaranteed in any matter but there is general movement within the controller workforce.

yea thats frustrating. ive seen people bail right away because they blanket the nation with ERRs to anywhere willing to take them. im sitting here willing to wait for where I truly want to be and that could be a long wait.

I might be dumb but that website doesnt seem to work. and searching KSN on faa.gov doesnt seem to give anything either. am i missing something?

Use a gov computer.

Ksn2.faa.gov/ajg/ajg-r/AJG-R4/AJG-R41/nceptpublic/SitePages/NCEPT%20Public.aspx

yea thats frustrating. ive seen people bail right away because they blanket the nation with ERRs to anywhere willing to take them. im sitting here willing to wait for where I truly want to be and that could be a long wait.

I would argue that is bad technique, it's a lot easier to move down into your desired facility than up into it.

well if the KSN page is current and accurate it looks like the next panel isnt until Nov. so I guess we get to settle in and enjoy the ride lol

EDIT - im a moron and read the Oct/Nov 2018 info. nothing yet about 2019.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom