New FAA Administration

FightingIrish2012

Legendary Member
Do you like the decision? I do, what do you have to lose it can’t be worse, I hope he runs it more like a business, unlike whatever the fuck it’s been run like for the last 12 years (and probably way before that).

Attachments

• 3CE0C89A-00BB-446F-A878-4EFAE320A365.png
    3CE0C89A-00BB-446F-A878-4EFAE320A365.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 241
Do you like the decision? I do, what do you have to lose it can’t be worse, I hope he runs it more like a business, unlike whatever the fuck it’s been run like for the last 12 years (and probably way before that).
Well he supposedly had a whistleblower case against him and potentially helped retaliate against the named party when they raised pilot training and safety concerns about flying hours... I don’t like airline people being in charge of the administration because they always seem to be bias against GA. If they have to choose between delays to EWR or TEB, they will always choose to delay the GA airport and that’s how they will try to run the agency.

Well he supposedly had a whistleblower case against him and potentially helped retaliate against the named party when they raised pilot training and safety concerns about flying hours... I don’t like airline people being in charge of the administration because they always seem to be bias against GA. If they have to choose between delays to EWR or TEB, they will always choose to delay the GA airport and that’s how they will try to run the agency.
Delay 20 flights with 5 rich people each, or 100 flights with 175 regular people each. Seems to me it has nothing to do with GA when you run the numbers when you make the statement like that

I can't think of a single example of a pilot taking over any agency or group and it benefitting ATC. We always seem to be made secondary to the needs of the major airlines.

I would delay the GA airport also. EWR is affecting much more flyers.

I guess you weren't around when Marion Blakey and Russ Chew wanted to "run it like a business". If you think the FAA is bad now, just wait until White Book part II comes out. The younger controllers have no idea how good we have it now.

If you think any Trump appointee is going to negotiate in good faith with a labor union, I have some beach front property in Arizona to sell you.

Slate book is good for another 3 years?

I wouldn't worry too much about TEB or HPN getting delayed. Too many rich Trump donors fly in and out of those airports.

I would delay the GA airport also. EWR is affecting much more flyers.
We are here for “first come, first served.” So an individual aircraft is just that. It doesn’t matter if there is one person on board or 1,000 as we don’t choose services based on number of passengers. Under your same logic, we should give the heavy a shorter base and extend an RJ out, to accommodate the shorter base for the heavy, because we don’t want 300 people to be delayed for the 50 on the RJ.

We are here for “first come, first served.” So an individual aircraft is just that. It doesn’t matter if there is one person on board or 1,000 as we don’t choose services based on number of passengers. Under your same logic, we should give the heavy a shorter base and extend an RJ out, to accommodate the shorter base for the heavy, because we don’t want 300 people to be delayed for the 50 on the RJ.
Not at the expense of the NAS. First come first serve but to move the most airplanes through the sky as possible

Not at the expense of the NAS. First come first serve but to move the most airplanes through the sky as possible
So if we are here to, “...move the most airplanes through the sky as possible...” doesn’t an air carrier landing EWR count as ONE airplane and a GA landing TEB count as ONE airplane? There shouldn’t be priority given to air carriers over GAs, but that’s exactly what a former air carrier executive would try to do.

So if we are here to, “...move the most airplanes through the sky as possible...” doesn’t an air carrier landing EWR count as ONE airplane and a GA landing TEB count as ONE airplane? There shouldn’t be priority given to air carriers over GAs, but that’s exactly what a former air carrier executive would try to do.
No it’s 189 people vs a couple people

Heavies are placed in front of RJ’s (at least 200’s and 145’s). all the time and it has nothing to do with passenger count. MD-11’s are going in front of RJ’s too. MD-11’s and DC-10’s, 1 mile behind A300’s are also going first. Now if I have a C750 then that thing is going first.

Operational advantage...

We have to do share time between EWR and TEB fairly often and we base it almost exclusively on demand at the moment. The decision is made entirely at the local level, often by a CIC, and national or even OM have no say. It’s a tactical call.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom