New FAA Hire, Current DOD controller, Does the FAA provide a moving allowance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeciATC101

Lurker
As the title states...

Will the FAA provide a moving allowance if you are a new FAA hire but a current DOD employee?

Thanks

AL

Unless it was specifically stated in the hiring bid you applied for, it’s not a thing. There isn’t typically “move money” for movement throughout the FAA unless the bid specifically states that there is (especially for new hires).
I checked the announcement prior to sending this question and their is nothing specifically written but in the past some postings have said "moving allowance unauthorized" and on this bid it doesn't say anything about that. Maybe I should call HR Monday and take my chances lol

I checked the announcement prior to sending this question and their is nothing specifically written but in the past some postings have said "moving allowance unauthorized" and on this bid it doesn't say anything about that. Maybe I should call HR Monday and take my chances lol
You are not entitled to move money and HR has no say in the matter. Welcome aboard.

I didnt even get per diem in OKC... when I asked my facility training manager he said "we taught you a skill, you wouldn't get paid to go to college would you!?"

That should tell you all you need to know about the FAA mentality. You can ask why all day, but you wont get very far. #BestJobInTheWorld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom