New Facility Placement Procedure

Trust me, it's better this way. Wait until you get a list of facilities where you aren't excited about any of them. You may end up at a 4, 5, or 6 in the middle of nowhere and you'll be glad people will be forced to go to a facility like that (after you), or else you'll never get out. There needed to be a change with the whole thing so some facilities don't get stuck not getting people for almost a year or more because no one wants to go there. Look further down the line...

Trust me, it's better this way. Wait until you get a list of facilities where you aren't excited about any of them. You may end up at a 4, 5, or 6 in the middle of nowhere and you'll be glad people will be forced to go to a facility like that (after you), or else you'll never get out. There needed to be a change with the whole thing so some facilities don't get stuck not getting people for almost a year or more because no one wants to go there. Look further down the line...

The way the selection process was explained to us, and how the top 1/3 (9 graduate, top 3 facilities on the list are mandatory), a facility can't be bypassed indefinitely. so this only gets someone to an undesirable facility a couple weeks faster.

The way the selection process was explained to us, and how the top 1/3 (9 graduate, top 3 facilities on the list are mandatory), a facility can't be bypassed indefinitely. so this only gets someone to an undesirable facility a couple weeks faster.
Exactly. They mandatory the x number of facilities on the top of the list. A facility can't get passed by for very long

how much time do you have to decide a facility from the list available? 5 minutes, 1 day..
You get the placement list the day or two before PAs. For every student that doesn't make it, two slots get deleted off the list from the bottom up. The day after PAs are finished, you'll go to the placement office and everyone will officially pick their facility from what's remaining.
though now with just one facility per student there will be one slot deleted instead of two!

Depends. If the class evals finish on friday you have the weekend. If it finishes during the week you choose the next day.
You get the list a couple days before. Everyone for the most part has ever option ranked going into it. Pretty much everyone knows where they are going right after the last runs, unless someone up high is between two.

though now with just one facility per student there will be one slot deleted instead of two!

I can hear it now at the next NATCA Reloaded event at Shorty Smalls: "We got the FAA to agree to only take one facility off your placement list in the unlikely event that someone doesn't pass."

I can hear it now at the next NATCA Reloaded event at Shorty Smalls: "We got the FAA to agree to only take one facility off your placement list in the unlikely event that someone doesn't pass."
aww man did i misunderstand? since it used to be two facilities per student but now its only one i thought my math checked out...maybe im not at a point where i can help out other new hire people yet

I have a question,

I was just thinking about it and am curious if anyone has any input on my situation.. I have a girlfriend of two years and she has a 5 year old daughter with her ex boyfriend.. My girlfriend and her daughter live with me but I just got to wondering, during the academy theyre going to stay home but I'm basically assuming I wont be lucky enough to get placement at the Enroute facility in Ohio and obviously I would want them to move with me.. Basically what I'm getting at is should we get a lawyer when the time comes to ensure they can move out of state with me if necessary? Or is it possible to transfer to ZOB after becoming a CPC?

Looking forward to hearing what you have to say

Thanks

Last edited:
I have a question,

I was just thinking about it and am curious if anyone has any input on my situation.. I have a girlfriend of two years and she has a 5 year old daughter with her ex boyfriend.. They both live with me but I just got to wondering, during the academy theyre going to stay home but I'm basically assuming I wont be lucky enough to get placement at the Enroute facility in Ohio and obviously I would want them to move with me.. Basically what I'm getting at is should we get a lawyer when the time comes to ensure they can move out of state with me if necessary? Or is it possible to transfer to ZOB after becoming a CPC?

Thanks
It's definitely possible to transfer to ZOB after CPC. It's also very possible to get ZOB at the academy

I have a question,

I was just thinking about it and am curious if anyone has any input on my situation.. I have a girlfriend of two years and she has a 5 year old daughter with her ex boyfriend.. My girlfriend and her daughter live with me but I just got to wondering, during the academy theyre going to stay home but I'm basically assuming I wont be lucky enough to get placement at the Enroute facility in Ohio and obviously I would want them to move with me.. Basically what I'm getting at is should we get a lawyer when the time comes to ensure they can move out of state with me if necessary? Or is it possible to transfer to ZOB after becoming a CPC?

Thanks

Wouldn’t hurt to have one ready for the situation, but from just checking the Enroute placement list over the last few months, ZOB has been on there a few times. Within the realm of possibility for sure.

I have a question,

Thanks
If you end up needing that lawyer you'll have to convince a court that the move would be in the best interest of the child so maybe start trying to build your case now, good luck!

I have a question,

Thanks
Was in same situation... Same state actually (Go Buckeyes!)... My wife was listed as custodial parent though... Not sure if you are dealing with shared parenting or just visitation. We didn't have to lawyer up, but we did go to mediation and have baby daddy's measly $100/mo child support dropped and Bam, he had no problem letting her move. Not sure if lawyer is necessary but could be if baby daddy wants to play hardball. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom